Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For anybody thinking of going sky diving

Options
  • 05-12-2011 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fHrJbj1SY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    'At 2,500 feet, my jump partner flairs his canopy causing it slow down rapidly. I entangle with it and he cuts away. Unable to fly a ball of nylon effectively, I impact a cornfield breaking my pelvis, back and neck causing instant paralysis. As I lay waiting for help, spinal shock begins to set in paralyzing my diaphragm and breathing on my own becomes impossible. Rescue breathing is performed as I lose consciousness. Paramedics arrive and I'm med-flighted to UW Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin where I awake days later after surgery and begin life as a quadriplegic. It's taken me four and a half years to be able to watch this video.'

Saw this posted on reddit. Scary stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Reminds me of people tailgating, guy in front brakes and the guy behind slams into him. Pretty stupid tbh but accidents happen. Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Oh my god. That poor guy. That is so sad.

I did a jump before, and even though I was sh1t scared, I'd do it again.
    I don't think you should let these things put you off, as they are relatively rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'm not doing one now. I couldn't watch that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I call shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

@ 3:31 it looks like a guy in a dark room is filming himself? Just before impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

M5 wrote: »
    I call shenanigans

Apparently there are no news records of such an event happening near the town of Columbus, Wisconsin. It seems well done if it is a hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I'm calling shenanigans too, although it does look well done.

There is also a flicker where there seems to be a dude in a room towards when he impacted the ground. It could have been from a previoius tape, but looking at the quality I'd say it was a digital camera of sorts.

I could be wrong though and it is a scary situation.

Edit: He explains the reason for the video jumping. Could be real after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 glover22

Hope its not real, diving soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Fcuk 'shemarooent'!

Advertisement