Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth: Trigg Beach- who can commit to early morning surf lessons on a weekday 5-6am?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 5:59am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was at Trigg Beach on Sunday and enquired about surfing lessons. One of the surf schools there will organize group surfing lessons early in the morning, before work, if I can get enough people together. I want to keep my weekends free and have to work during the days.... hence why I'm planning to set up the group surfing lessons at 5am for an hour on a weekday morning. Potentially Wednesday.

FYI - I've had 1 lesson before so a raw beginner. Info from the surf school below: http://www.sasurfschools.com.au/surfschools/surfingwasurfschool/

Private and Group lessons:

Starting from $55 with all equipment supplied.

Get some friends together, or go solo, to have fun or improve your surfing skill. Get one to one instruction for the best results or put together your own small group. Special tuition available 7 days a week, at a time to suit your needs.

Let me know if you are interested. If I can get enough people (5?) I'll organize it with the surf school.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I thought you lived in Melbourne?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I relocated temporarily from Melb to Perth for a project 3 months ago. Will head back to Melbourne once I'm done which could be early 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The swell at Trigg is awesome and I've had some great days of body boarding there BUT there is zero chance of me doing a 5am start.

If that was to change I could be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Xavi6 wrote: »
    ... there is zero chance of me doing a 5am start.

this...i'd be coming from the city and while i do generally get up early the idea of starting at 5 during my time off work makes me die a little inside.

make it 7 and i'd be there....or even a bit later and we could follow it up with post surf beers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The swell at Trigg is awesome and I've had some great days of body boarding there BUT there is zero chance of me doing a 5am start.

uglyjohn wrote: »
    this...i'd be coming from the city and while i do generally get up early the idea of starting at 5 during my time off work makes me die a little inside.

make it 7 and i'd be there....or even a bit later and we could follow it up with post surf beers.

Not interested in beers, sorry. I've gotta work a day job afterwards. I'm proposing a regular meet up. Once the lessons are out of the way for a couple of weeks we could then just get our own boards and continue...

I'm coming from the city too. I need to be home by 6:50am, which probably means leaving Trigg by latest 6:30am.... to get baby up, changed, fed etc before I head off to work and leave wifey behind for the day holding the baby :) That's why it's so early.

I guess this is aimed at people in the same boat as myself with time constraints and a regular job (i.e. not backpackers or travellers who have free time during day - nothing against those folks joining in too) ... hence the proposed early start. I want to fit this in whilst the rest of the family is fast asleep.

A couple of nights ago I couldn't sleep and was suprised to see how bright it was at 4:20am.

Anyone else? Cheers for the replies so far.

• Advertisement

*bump*

Anyone interested in this?

--> Wednesday December 14th @5am at Trigg Beach (surf club next to Trigg Island Cafe)

Advertisement