Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just gotta say

• 05-12-2011 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if its just me right, but Heartgold seems to be like, the superior game. By that I mean, the best pokemon game. I mean, I like B/W, its the best mechanics of the series thus far. But whether its nostalgia, or whatever, Heartgold is just.... <3 16 badges, 16 gym leader, massive team rocket thing, god, its so brilliant. Sooo yeah. Go Heartgold.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hugely enjoyed HG, and a large part of that was the nostalgia I guess. Having the 16 gym leaders was pretty great too, it's kinda a shame that it was never done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

16 gyms was such a good idea. And Kanto in Heartgold was miles better than in the original gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Why HGSS was the best:

They put the menu on the touch screen, which was perfect. I nearly went insane when I got White and they had the C-gear there instead (with no option to switch it).

The pokemon follow you! It's a small touch, but it makes the game so much more interesting.

The Pokethlon! Loads of mini-games that were fun to play, and finally there's a reason to use some of the poorer battlers for something. Had LOADS of fun playing this and beating my records. Beats the slow, boring Contests or (yawn) the Musicals.

Voltorb Flip. Less fun than the slot machines, but it becomes very addictive if you keep playing. Spent days in there ignoring battling or training.

The sense of history and culture in Johto. The Towers, the legendary dogs, the towns and cities. It was cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

True, HGSS were the best games yet. I love B&W, but they don't have the feel of it, ya know?

I was hoping for a Hoenn/Sinnoh crossover in Gen4, and was disappointed. That'd be awesomeness...

My problem is that I can never really go down a gen. I get used to Gen 5, I find it hard to play Gen 4. Don't even start me on 1 or 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I like the sense of HGSS actualy being a world. Something that really irks me about the games is the sense of feeling trapped.
    The maps need more depth and when the story is over that shouldn't be the end to the game.
    No idea what they should add but there should be something.

Ideas?
    You're the region master. Should there not be some duties for the master?
    I don't just mean one last city to go to where feck all happens. This was touched on by letting us go further in BW but Inwas still let down.

Also, I love the Pokémon Ranger platform and style of play. I'd love to see the same care for the graphic in the main games.
    I got excited when I saw the "3D" bits of BW but that fell on it's arse.

There's a lot I'd like to change in the games but most of all, I'd love to see Nintendo work with Sony to bring put a FF style Pokémon game.
    Jesus that would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm curious to see how nintendo does 3D pokemon(on the 3DS) at all. I'd like 3D battles(so would everyone :p) But I doubt that would happen, so.

Advertisement