Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seapoint Martello tower - night time visitors ?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

There was a thread on here a few months back which mentioned that the Martello tower in Seapoint might be a meeting point for, err, men looking for a little action.

I had never heard of this before and had never noticed it before and so paid it little attention at the time.

However, in the last few months when I have been passing by [edit - left out the important bit - "at night"] I have noticed that there are (relatively speaking) a lot of men hanging around there, very much in the shadows of the shelter area. When I walk by they invariably seem to turn away, avert their eyes, etc . . . I don't mean there are loads of men, but just that in a week of going by, you might have someone there 1 or 2 times. To me, that's a lot given that you don't see them there in the evening or afternoon "just being there".

I *know* they could just be blokes out for a walk who happen to feel like sitting or standing in the dark there, but on the face of it this seems pretty unlikely. You don't see people down there in the daylight just hanging out in the shelter. People come down, get changed, go for a swim, hang around, chat, leave. These people (in the dark) don't seem to have any swimming gear. And they don't chat. They're not having a drink, smoke, etc . . . they're just there.

In fairness, I've never felt threatened there, I've never been approached there & I've never seen anyone getting any action either, etc . . . but I'm just mystified as to what the story is.

I know it sounds like I'm some oul fella making things up in my head, but with the original post back in the Summer which hinted at night time activities there I just started noticing the behaviour over time. Anyone know what the story is ?

z

Comments

Advertisement