Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in Australian cities. A frustrating process?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The Aussie wrote: »
    Dont worry to much about that, all the Aussies i used to know here in Cork are long gone, but when they were here they used to get on my tits with their One Upmanship Boasting, Obnoxious Gimmicks like facial hair and tattoos, but to be honest i also miss having a catch up with them at the same time for the Tri Nations, State of Origins and just general drinking.
    Yeah I Dont get the constant tattoos its ironic when you see guys in centrelink with a few grand worth of tattoos on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Zambia wrote: »
    I Dont get the constant tattoos its ironic when you see guys in centrelink with a few grand worth of tattoos on them.

There will be a fortune to made in laser tattoo removal business in about 10 years when all these try hard hipsters realise their "ink" isn't cool anymore. That's my investment tip for the new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Sorry I think people have taken me up wrong, when I said I wasn't having a go at our own people, I was talking about the Irish in Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

True but that said a full tattooed up Aussie at least spends the Money. In Ireland the amount of skangers that defaced themselves was just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

jackbhoy wrote: »
    There will be a fortune to made in laser tattoo removal business in about 10 years when all these try hard hipsters realise their "ink" isn't cool anymore. That's my investment tip for the new year :)

Can it be considered a hipster trait when everyone is doing it??

I'm beginning to feel a bit hipster for not having any! I had NO tattoos before it was cool......

The point about the laser removal is not a bad idea. I have two mates who are planning on getting laser removal on inadvised tattoos they got when 20/21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Zambia wrote: »
    Yeah I Dont get the constant tattoos its ironic when you see guys in centrelink with a few grand worth of tattoos on them.

Or when their family is living in what is essentially abject poverty and they go and get a few grands worth of tattoos.

But back on topic, you have to go and put yourself out there, people are not going to knock on your door to see if you want to be friends, would be good if they did but sadly not, one thing ive found is that friends that you make through drinking are not the best friends you could find they are grand when your in a pub but thats about it, the friends you meet through sports or other activities tend to last longer, just my observation.

Advertisement