Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Broaband Pay As You Go

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I purchased 20 euro from Meteor in the top level of the square Tallaght on Saturday
    I then entered the value and presently the text came through on my PC that I had broadband until January 2012.

I still can't browse the web with it.

Thoughts anybody?

Bad Form Meteor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why are you blaming Meteor? Have you confirmed that everything is installed correctly, and that you can even browse with that computer? Have you a signal currently, and is it connected? Has it ever worked before?

Finally, have you asked Meteor if there is a problem with the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Same happened me yesterday, i called customer services and they said the pass just hadn't been applied so he did it manually for me. Have the number of the dongle (the phone no), your pin if you have it and time of your confirmation text for them! They were very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Have you confirmed that everything is installed correctly,

Yes - on my 2 separate Laptops - one a Windows 7 Home Premium
    the other a Win XP Professional machine

you can even browse with that computer?

Yes - within the meteor site only

Have you a signal currently, and is it connected? Has it ever worked before?

1) Correct. 2)Correct. 3)Correct.

Rang meteor through 1890 number as my mobile phone is on 02.
    Problem will be sorted in next few minutes according to meteor agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Smartypantsy

My advice would be to throw it in the bin and cancel whatever kind of bill you get! Recently after buying a broadband to go pay as you go dongle I have realized they have taken money out of a credit card account ehy are not authorised to use! THIS IS ILLEGAL AND I AM TAKING LEGAL ACTION.

I never signed up to a contract and I've been informed by the bank that not only have they not set up a direct debit but they are actually just taking money out of my account!

Absolute disgrace and I would not recommend meteor for anything other than if you want to listen to a bunch of liars! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope I do not come across you on DublinBus.
    Yes, to think of it, I actually apologise for my hyperbole earlier regarding Meteor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My advice would be to throw it in the bin and cancel whatever kind of bill you get! Recently after buying a broadband to go pay as you go dongle I have realized they have taken money out of a credit card account ehy are not authorised to use! THIS IS ILLEGAL AND I AM TAKING LEGAL ACTION.

I never signed up to a contract and I've been informed by the bank that not only have they not set up a direct debit but they are actually just taking money out of my account!

Absolute disgrace and I would not recommend meteor for anything other than if you want to listen to a bunch of liars! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like you signed up to bill pay, Oh and you clearly gave them your payment method which allowed them to take payments for bills.

If you did sign up for bill pay I fail to see how them taking payment for a valid bill would be illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Legal action?

My advice is save yourself the hassle and just get onto Meteor to get a refund. As frustrating as it is when something like this happens, it was an honest error on their behalf. I'm sure a company like Meteor wouldn't try to steal money out of someones a/c. As has been said here, they obviously got your a/c details from somewhere. Before you give some poor call centre representative a headache, make sure you are 100% and you din't sign up to pay by DD.

How much did you pay for your dongle when you signed up? If it was free, then I'd imagine you signed up to BillPay by mistake. I think you can cancel within 14 days so hopefully you're within this time frame and can cancel asap.

G S R wrote: »
    Legal action?

My advice is save yourself the hassle and just get onto Meteor to get a refund. As frustrating as it is when something like this happens, it was an honest error on their behalf. I'm sure a company like Meteor wouldn't try to steal money out of someones a/c. As has been said here, they obviously got your a/c details from somewhere. Before you give some poor call centre representative a headache, make sure you are 100% and you din't sign up to pay by DD.

How much did you pay for your dongle when you signed up? If it was free, then I'd imagine you signed up to BillPay by mistake. I think you can cancel within 14 days so hopefully you're within this time frame and can cancel asap.

I paid for the dongle and so it's clear i didn't go for a bill pay, i also never signed a contract which you need to do if you're going on bill pay!

I'm not so cynical as to scream at a poor representative as I know it's not their fault.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Sounds like you signed up to bill pay, Oh and you clearly gave them your payment method which allowed them to take payments for bills.

If you did sign up for bill pay I fail to see how them taking payment for a valid bill would be illegal

If it was clear I gave them my details I wouldn't have posted anything and would completely understand, sadly this is not the case.

I actually rang meteor today and got through to a very nice customer rep and there was no need to berate someone when I know it's not their fault, someone has made a mistake and I want it fixed.

Even contacting the Data Protection commission, they agree that meteor have done something really wrong and that they have violated some laws!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I paid for the dongle and so it's clear i didn't go for a bill pay,

You can still pay for dongles on bill pay
    http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/billpay/

• Advertisement

I am still on broadband to go as demonstrated in the illustration below.
    hahaha.jpg:D

Note to Mods: Lock this tread now, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TeaServer

gugleguy wrote: »

I think 'Broadband to go' is what they call their mobile broadband service. Its not an indication of pre-paid or postpaid.

/T

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gugleguy wrote: »

I'm not sure what that proves, other than you are using a Meteor service. Broadband to Go is the name of their mobile 3G service, via dongle.

You need to contact Meteor, and find out exactly what deal or bundle you are signed up to. Posting here won't answer any of those questions.

Advertisement