Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topshop ladies - misleading on deals

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I just wanted to make other consumers aware of Topshops latest deals that they are flaunting at their make up counters.
    I was in with them on Saturday in Liffey valley and came out very unhappy.

I was with my 9 year old daughter buying nail varnishes, we picked up two nail varnishes and then saw a picture of a nice gift box containing a makeup palette and the deal was get it free when you buy 3 items or more on the make up, so my 9 year and myself thought, lets pick up a 3rd nail varnish and get the makeup palette for free (as it looked like a great deal).

When the girl at the register clocked up the nail varnishes she never said to me about the free gift so I said it to her, she then said oh yeah, which colour would you like, we went for the pink one but then realised it was 'only' the gift box (which is a cheap gift box version) as the deal not including the make up palette!! I was then also annoyed AGAIN to realise I could've actually received 3 items for the price of two on the nail varnishes as a second choice - but no, the assistant never mentioned that option to me either!!

Felt really hard done by and won't be visiting Top Shop again for a long time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I always find it hilarious when people have this kind of logic.

'Ohhh I only have to spent a tiny bit more money on a product that I didn't want to get a total bargain!'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement