Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Worker Courses

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

HI, I currently work intelecoms the last few years. I have decided the career path i really want to pursue now is in Social working, i have looked at the DBS evening course and it is soo expensive. Does anybody have any advice in what evening courses to do so i can go down this path?
    Is FETAC a option?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

In Ireland you can only train and practice as a social worker if you have either a degree or masters in Social Work from the list on this site

http://iasw.ie/index.php/social-work-qualifications

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elianna

i am in a similar position, have you found anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Moah

Unless you have completed the social work undergrad degree in TCD you must do a masters in order to become professionally qualified. NUIG, UCC, UCD, TCD all offer masters courses - deadlines will be closing shortly if not closed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

You can also work if you have done a masters outside Ireland, it'll prob depend where you do it, according to CORU; Anybody who holds a qualification which was gained outside of the ROI, including the UK, must have their qualification recognised before they can work in the profession in the ROI. In other words, before holders of non-national qualifications can apply for registration, they must first have their qualification recognised (this is a separate process).'

Advertisement