Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 skill assessment ?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Company just told me that they will nominate me and my gf for a 457 visa. Im irish qualified electrician , working in a switchboard manufacturers in Brisbane, no electrical license was needed for the job .

Ive done no skill assessment , was looking to find out am I required to get my trade recognised as part of the 457 visa .

If so what company to I contact to do that ,and how long after lodging my 457 application can I apply for a bridging visa as my 6 months with my employer are up in mid jan this year

Any one shed some light on the subject . sorry if its a repost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

not so much a skills assessment, more like a CV with back up documents which to attach with the nomination.

You can apply for the bridging visa along with the nomination, but a lot of times it is automatic - do a search on the forum for 'bridging' you should fine plenty of info

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

ill get onto that so , seen that the bridging visa is part a on form 1066 .

Does anyone know the lead times on these,if my application is sent tomorrow ,how long would it take to get back some form of communications from immi to know they received it and a bridging visa is now active ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Mine took less than a month to go through.

My company used a Syndey based law firm to submit the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Joe Gt wrote: »
    ill get onto that so , seen that the bridging visa is part a on form 1066 .

Does anyone know the lead times on these,if my application is sent tomorrow ,how long would it take to get back some form of communications from immi to know they received it and a bridging visa is now active ?
    The bridging visa is automatic once you apply for the 457.

The bridging visa is so that you can stay in the country legaly if your WHV runs out. If you still have a valid WHV you don't need a bridging visa. The 6 months is generally overlooked if you have an application in. You can get this in writing from IMMI once you have a 457 lodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

Got the visa granted on tuesday , no dramas at all , submitted all the info the asked for qualification cert, police check , birth cert , passport , Rent agreement , utility bill , joint bank account ,
    tool 5 weeks from time we applied to getting it granted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

are they looking for any more sparks joe??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I have to get a police check and a working with children check for my job, does anyone know if the Guards do them? I am still in Ireland so I havn't a clue when it comes to visas!! I presume they do the police check but the other one?

Advertisement