Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt [owed to] PTSB

• 05-12-2011 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello.
    I left Ireland 2 years ago. My friend had close my bank account. But he didnt. I ring the Bank today. They told me that the bank closed the account last year in April. Because of the debt -200 Euros and it was written off. They told me that if I want to reopen it I have to pay that debt. What can I do now just to pay it there can be no interest on it from the time of closure? It just stayed on that balance? I think so because if there is more money to pay they would tell me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

VesloXX wrote: »
    I think so because if there is more money to pay they would tell me...

Only one way to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

What way is that?

JohnnyTodd wrote: »
    What way is that?

... ask them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Could be any amount really, but shouldn't be too much. You could try asking could you pay back just the €200, no harm in asking really. Although I would question if paying the money would mean they would let you open an account. You could still be declined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 VesloXX

I rang them this today they didnt lie to me I think. Like I said it was closed last year in april because of unauthorized ovrdraft and written off. Well they told me like I said that If I want to open new account I have to pay those 200 Euros. So there cannot be more to pay I think. There wasnt been any interest from the time of closure. Am I sure? I rang them this morning they didnt lie to me I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Am I sure?

Only PTSB will know for sure. Contact them directly and ask.

Yes but I already did they said it is 200 and som cents.

Go away :p

I dont understand you think they lied to my when I called them? From the call I understood it stopped on that amout when they closed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

The amount that was written off is all you'll have to pay. An account can be opened then with no problems.

• Advertisement

Ok. And I didnt ask them If I can pay it enywhere. Is it possible on all branches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

Would imagine that its possible to pay money owed through any Branch. You probably now have poor credit rating if the balance was written off, you should ask them about this and ask them to update their records to show that you have paid money back (when you actually do so)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

marywary wrote: »
    Would imagine that its possible to pay money owed through any Branch. You probably now have poor credit rating if the balance was written off, you should ask them about this and ask them to update their records to show that you have paid money back (when you actually do so)

Wouldn't change the credit rating alas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

Perhaps they can't change credit rating now because details have already been sent to ICB but you can have details updated to recognise that debt has been repaid in full. It will still show that it was a slow debt though.

Yes I understand. It is nearly 2 years. I know it was my fault. I am will be in Ireland next month to pay those 200 E. But credit rating will be reset by some time i think.

Advertisement