Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Not working

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I've recently switched from vodafone to meteor, however my 3G is not working on meteor.

I've talked to meteor and what they tell me is that i can't connect to the meteor 3g network as its programmed to a the vodafone 3g network.

is there anythign i can do here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

anyone, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Well that's nonsense, it's not possible for a phone to be programmed to a specific operators 3g network. Once your handset supports a operating frequency of 2100 MHz you would have access to 3G

However Meteor may not have 3G coverage where you are or your network mode on the handset is set to GSM/2G only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eMobile sim roams on Voda 3G ( or is that O2 3G ) as required but Meteor sim is 2g only roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Spongebob as far as I know emobile/meteor don't roam on to anyone elses 3G network. The site share with o2 but don't share spectrum.
    So either op has a 2G phone which doesn't work on 3G networks, 3G disabled on their 3G phone or there's just no 3G reception where they are.

Hi, I defenetley have 3G recpetion, my work colleague is on meteor and he has 3g next to me :)

I'm on an iphone 4, i defenetley have a 3g compatable phone.

• Advertisement

Go into settings and do a network search and see can you manually select 3G, if not reset the network settings.

already tried it got nohting, meteor are telling me i may have to restore the phone, but il pretty much lose everything i have doing it this way.

already tried it got nohting, meteor are telling me i may have to restore the phone, but il pretty much lose everything i have doing it this way.

First you do a sync with iTunes to back up all your apps, messages, contacts music etc. Then you do a restore and re-sync the iPhone and everything is back as it was.
    If it's brand new and re-installing the software or updating it doesn't fix it book into apple for replacement/repair here http://www.apple.com/ie/support/iphone/

Advertisement