Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4GB or 250GB ? please help

Options
  • 05-12-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this.
    I have a budget to pick up and Xbox 360 before christmas, no more than €300

I basically have a choice between 4GB with Kinect for €289 or 250GB without for €249

I most likely will not play online, have no wi-fi at them moment. How important is having the 250GB? Is it just for online ?
    What can I not do with 4GB?
    Can I not just buy extra memory after christmas?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i would get the 250 and maybe get a kinect 2nd hand on the cheap after christmas. i'm finding it better to install games and you'll barely fit one game on the 4gb.

what kind of games have you got in mind? if you get it online eventually, it would definitely be beneficial to have the extra space.

how much are the 250 drives selling for separately?

it's up to you entirely. will you use kinect? i have it, it gets used very rarely - herself uses the fitness evolved yoke on occasion (she won't let me sell it :confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭imalwayshappy

To be honest i would go with the 250gb. I bought the 4gb last year and because i play online downloading new maps etc can take up a massive amount of space.

I know you state that you have no intention to go online at the moment but chances are you will at some stage. Your better off having the 250gb and not using it rather then not haveing it when you need it.

BF3 for example require about 1.5gb of space on a hard drive (not flash drive which is what the 4gb is) to download the HD settings alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

go for the 250gb u will run out of space on the 4gb one. for example skyrim has a optional 4gb install size (it makes the game load faster and look better)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

Thanks guys,

I maybe should have mentioned that Kinect is an important factor, it will be used as a family machine as the 6yo daughter wants to play the disney, Kinectimals & dancing games.

I personally think I will only play FIFA, Tiger, Dead Island etc. Do not really like the MW3, Battlefield, GOW games...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Theres a maxol garage in Artane that for some reason has Kinect for 75 brand new, get the 250gb and get the Kinect there, trust me, you will run out of space fairly quick smart on a 4GB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

SpionJoe wrote: »
    Thanks guys,

I maybe should have mentioned that Kinect is an important factor, it will be used as a family machine as the 6yo daughter wants to play the disney, Kinectimals & dancing games.

I personally think I will only play FIFA, Tiger, Dead Island etc. Do not really like the MW3, Battlefield, GOW games...

Thanks

i kinda figured kinect was the issue after i posted so i checked the price of a 250gb drive online, not bad compared to what the old ones cost.

the 4gb will be fine for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

theteal wrote: »
    i kinda figured kinect was the issue after i posted so i checked the price of a 250gb drive online, not bad compared to what the old ones cost.

Excellent !

Thats the answer, never thought of buying the 250gb seperate.
    So, will be purchasing http://www.currys.ie/Product/MICROSOFT-Xbox-360-Game-Console-with-Kinect-Sensor-andamp-Kinect-Adventures-4GB-Memory/300006/192.0

I will then buy the 250gb early next year after Santa is paid.

Thanks Guys.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭imalwayshappy

SpionJoe wrote: »
    theteal wrote: »

Excellent !

Thats the answer, never thought of buying the 250gb seperate.
    So, will be purchasing http://www.currys.ie/Product/MICROSOFT-Xbox-360-Game-Console-with-Kinect-Sensor-andamp-Kinect-Adventures-4GB-Memory/300006/192.0

I will then buy the 250gb early next year after Santa is paid.

Thanks Guys.....................

i took the hard drive from the old xbox and put it into the new xbox slim. it works a charm and wouldnt pay like 90 euro for a xbox hd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I would take 250GB, just started a thread on this. I have 4GB and running out of space and wont allow me to download HD stuff for BF3 onto the 4GB installed. Pity I didnt know this last year:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement