Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General PS3 Exploits/Hacks/Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

thanks for the info, that was quick, but i think ill hold off for a while before i try this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ufc pro wrote: »
    thanks for the info, that was quick, but i think ill hold off for a while before i try this one!

I'd definitely hold off too for any would-be cfw users...let the masses be the guinea pigs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is there anyway to prevent accidental updates of the PS3 over PSN besides obviously keeping it offline?

The Xbox 360 has dash launch and the Wii has priiloader to prevent such things is there any home brew out there for the PS3 that can do this?

i dont think so,all you can do is disable the automatic update option in settings!

i dont think so,all you can do is disable the automatic update option in settings!

Thought so, I would go a little bit further and remove the internal wifi connection and hot glue the Ethernet port :P

• Advertisement

justryan wrote: »
    Is there anyway to prevent accidental updates of the PS3 over PSN besides obviously keeping it offline?

The Xbox 360 has dash launch and the Wii has priiloader to prevent such things is there any home brew out there for the PS3 that can do this?

If you can block domains in your router, there used to be a list of domain addresses you could add to your exclusion list...I'll try find them...

EnterNow wrote: »
    If you can block domains in your router, there used to be a list of domain addresses you could add to your exclusion list...I'll try find them...

Thanks I have the bog standard UPC router, I'm not sure if you can block out IP addresses

justryan wrote: »
    Thanks I have the bog standard UPC router, I'm not sure if you can block out IP addresses

Its not blocking ip addresses, its blocking whole domains. I've a standard UPC router & there's def options in there to do it. Though tbh there's prob no need at all, as long as background downloads are turned off you should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paanhaddy

hi, i tried to downgrade my ps3 from ofw 4.21 to ofw 3.55 using e3 flasher. but i encountered with a problem. the problem is i dont get video, audio and even the controller is dead (wired). this happened after i flasher ps3 using e3downgrader.bin. i tried to unbrick but my backup (bkpps3.bin)file is corrupted as i check it using e3 nor dump checker. i forgot to check the dump before i flashed with e3downgrade.bin. anyone can help me??? pleaseeeeee.....

p/s: it has been a day i tried to downgrade this, so frustrated

• Advertisement

was your ps3 compatible in the first place? not all ps3's can be downgraded, it depends on your model! or whether it had at one stage got 3.55 on it, you cant downgrade to a firmware you never had in the first place!

was your ps3 compatible in the first place? not all ps3's can be downgraded, it depends on your model! or whether it had at one stage got 3.55 on it, you cant downgrade to a firmware you never had in the first place!

i followed this guide (http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=39766) to downgrade my ps3, and it clearly said that my ps3 is downgardable, my ps3 is CECHKxx, cheers

paanhaddy wrote: »
    i followed this guide (http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=39766) to downgrade my ps3, and it clearly said that my ps3 is downgardable, my ps3 is CECHKxx, cheers

sorry for the link but have a look at this http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-guides-tutorials/unbrick-ps3-e3-flasher-backup-bios-dump-guide-121713-2.html

so, i need to solder the e3 flasher?? damn why it's so hard :(...btw thanks for reply. cheers

sound like you may have bricked it!

so, i need to solder the e3 flasher?? damn why it's so hard :(...btw thanks for reply. cheers

did you not read the tut on the link you provided? it clearly states you have to solder! what exactly did you do with the e3 flasher?

i'm sure that i bricked my ps3 but i'm not sure it's semi-bricked, bricked or perma-bricked. as i got glod without video,audio and controller output, even no hdd activity. i tried 4 penny trick (a lot in utube) but no luck.

the penny trick! holy sh1t it sounds like you really made a mess of your console, the fact that you tried the penny trick after your original problem makes it very hard to know whats wrong now, you could have funked it up with the penny trick alone!
    im not really sure what to say to you, you now have more than one problem, you may not want to hear this but that console could be beyond repair, i would suggest posting on ps3 hax and letting the real experts advise you what to do!
    sorry i could not help you,
    and best of luck, i think your going to need it!

did you not read the tut on the link you provided? it clearly states you have to solder! what exactly did you do with the e3 flasher?

yeah, i read those even before i started working on my ps3, but the confusion start when i read on e3 website as they stated that they have found solderless solution with the new update, so i updated my e3 flasher with newer update.bin. just now i realized the new update is released on 5 jan 2012, which is not the latest update they talked about.

I'm pretty sue that without a valid NOR/Nand dump, there's no chance of fixing your console.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm pretty sue that without a valid NOR/Nand dump, there's no chance of fixing your console.

exactly! i hate to see this happen,and if the flasher was not setup right,more than likely he bricked!
    i think its game over!

exactly! i hate to see this happen,and if the flasher was not setup right,more than likely he bricked!
    i think its game over!

seriously???:eek: so, i just need toss my ps3 into the bin...

check ps3hax they are your only hope!

Without a valid nand dump, you have lost crucial security credentials which are specific to only your PS3...without these I'm not aware of a way of rebuilding a valid nand image. Unless everything has changed in light of the LV0 stuff...

You"ll be the envy of all your friends with your fancy ps3 shaped doorstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

One born every minute

RossieMan wrote: »
    a day late aren't we?

And where on this Ps3 exploits thread was this posted yesterday?
    Stuxnet wrote: »
    One born every minute

<snipped>

:)

• Advertisement

And where on this Ps3 exploits thread was this posted yesterday?

It wasn't, but it was April Fools Day yesterday which is what Rossie Man was referring to.
    :)

Personal abuse isn't tolerated in this forum, next time I see it there will be bans handed out.

Advertisement