Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General PS3 Exploits/Hacks/Firmware Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

EnterNow wrote: »

Last I heard he was working on fixing it. A hardware flasher/soldering solution may not be even able to fix this is certain parts of your nand are lost...as was the case with the Waninkoko cfw bricks last time.

I could have sworn I seen somewhere though there was a fix for this even if you had no nand backup...can't seem to find it now :confused:

http://www.dashhacks.com/ps3/hardware/rogero-announces-ps3-cfw-421-brick-fix.html

Was this it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

can anyone recommend a good hardware flasher, link if you have it , have an old x3 max so that might do for the dongle part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Interesting developments these past few days, personally though I'll wait off until I know I won't brick my machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is that a 4.30 cfw or a 4.21 spoofed to 4.30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Away on holidays lads haven't had a chance to read up on this, is it only useful for those on 3.55 or can we expect a cfw for any current fw's, ?

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Away on holidays lads haven't had a chance to read up on this, is it only useful for those on 3.55 or can we expect a cfw for any current fw's, ?

Afaik its only for users of cfw 3.55 only, you have to downgrade if on higher versions at the mo

Tried the rogero4.30,worked first time ,no brick.
    :)

Tried the rogero4.30,worked first time ,no brick.
    :)

Brave man :D

Whats it like, is it identical to 3.55 functionally?

Its grand,psn access,showtime working,newer games working and updateable.

My kids are playing online at last.Everyones happy.

• Advertisement

Its grand,psn access,showtime working,newer games working and updateable.

My kids are playing online at last.Everyones happy.

I presume older games are working too? There was a whitelist/blacklist created by Sony a good while ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

How difficult is it to downgrade, anybody tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Would anyone be willing to downgrade my Phat nand PS3? Or does any one up in Dub know of a service?

s.welstead wrote: »
    How difficult is it to downgrade, anybody tried it?
    the process itself is handy enough, if your a small bit capable, I did it myself with an E3 flasher,and E3 reader, and all my dumps were fine, and everything seemed to go right according to the guide I followed, trouble for me was I seem to somehow have lost my video out in the process and just get black screen, so I cant see anything ;-p

I haven't had too much time to troubleshoot it since, I've since copped I might have GLOD; green light of death, hopefully its just a matter of resetting the video output, but I haven't had a chance to try ...someday... :D

just beware downgrading involves completing dissembling the ps3, so have some thermal paste to reapply to the motherboard on reassemble :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I just upgraded to OFW the other week. But I also have a 2nd PS3 on kmeaw. The problem with this is, theres no laser in the drive.

I was going to just replace it but in fiddling around with it, i snapped that little yellow wire that connects the drive to the side of the little board. The wire snapped out from the little plastic connector.

Anyway, can someone tell me how to replace this, so I can get that back in the game and try these new CFWs?

the process itself is handy enough, if your a small bit capable, I did it myself with an E3 flasher,and E3 reader, and all my dumps were fine, and everything seemed to go right according to the guide I followed, trouble for me was I seem to somehow have lost my video out in the process and just get black screen, so I cant see anything ;-p

I haven't had too much time to troubleshoot it since, I've since copped I might have GLOD; green light of death, hopefully its just a matter of resetting the video output, but I haven't had a chance to try ...someday... :D

just beware downgrading involves completing dissembling the ps3, so have some thermal paste to reapply to the motherboard on reassemble :)
    Can i ask where did you but the E3 flasher and card ?, i want to order one to hopefully fix a bad flash

BrendanD wrote: »
    Can i ask where did you but the E3 flasher and card ?, i want to order one to hopefully fix a bad flash
    I bought everything from modchipcentral in Canada,

I see your in Limerick, Im in Limerick also, you can borrow my E3 flasher and E3 card reader if you want to try fix your box :)

I bought everything from modchipcentral in Canada,

I see your in Limerick, Im in Limerick also, you can borrow my E3 flasher and E3 card reader if you want to try fix your box :)
    Thanks you ill send you a pm

BrendanD wrote: »
    Thanks you ill send you a pm
    sure, send me your address, or if your near annacotty/castletroy, I can meet you

sure, send me your address, or if your near annacotty/castletroy, I can meet you
    PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

REBUG 3.55.3 and 4.21.1 REX EDITIONS and ’999′ DOWNGRADER CFW released.

Finally a reason to move from 3.55 OFW
    http://rebug.me/rebug-3-55-3-and-4-21-1-rex-editions-and-999-downgrader/

We give you REBUG 3.55.3 and 4.21.1 REX EDITIONS and the ’999′ DOWNGRADER. All the features listed below are in ALL firmware versions unless stated otherwise.

REBUG REX EDITION FEATURES

FEATURE – Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX
    (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)

FEATURE – ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode
    (No need to install different firmware)

FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode
    (No need to install different firmware)

FEATURE – ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode

FEATURE – QA Token compatibility

FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled
    (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)

UPDATED – Rebug Toolbox 02.00.00

UPDATED – 4.31 Version Spoof files
    (PSN/SEN Enabled for 4.21.1 REX ONLY)

PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check
    (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)

PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support
    (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)

PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support
    (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)

PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1
    (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)

PATCHED - LV2: LV1 CALL System call
    (LV2 Syscall 10)

PATCHED - VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files

PATCHED - VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat

FUN FEATURE – Fake Save Data Owner in CEX and DEX
    (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)

FUN FEATURE – Lock/Unlock Trophies in CEX and DEX

FUN FEATURE – Cinavia protection disabled in CEX and DEX mode

’999′ DOWNGRADER FEATURES

FEATURE – All 3.55.3 REX EDITION Features
    (Firmware is identical)

FEATURE – Downgrade any firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched

PACKAGE MANAGER

Package Manager is a replacement for the standard Install Package Files option under Game in the XMB. It allows for the install and deletion of .pkg files from dev_hdd0/packages, dev_usb/packages and the standard Install Package Files locations. In addition to this, your downloaded PSN content ‘bubbles’ will appear under this option instead of cluttering your Game menu with uninstalled content.

USAGE:
    Navigate to Game in your XMB and click on Package Manager (It will be where Install Package Files usually is). You will find three options.

PlayStation®Network Content
    Manage your downloaded PlayStation®Network Content.

Install Package Files
    INSTALL package files from Storage Devices and your PS3.

PS3 Hard Disk (dev_hdd0/packages)
    Package Folder (dev_usb/packages)
    Standard Package Location (Standard Install Package Files locations)

NOTE: The Install All Packages is only available by pressing the TRIANGLE button when the Standard Package Location option is highlighted because the PS3 will only install ALL packages from the root of a storage device as of the moment.

Delete Package Files
    DELETE package files from Storage Devices and your PS3.

PS3 Hard Disk (dev_hdd0/packages)
    Package Folder (dev_usb/packages)
    Standard Package Location (Standard Install Package Files locations)

DELETING FILES:
    1: Highlight the file you would like to delete and press TRIANGLE. The sidebar should appear.
    2: Press CROSS on either Unlink or Unlink(Folder) (Both do the same thing for now).

REBUG TOOLBOX

Rebug Toolbox is application designed to complete the full function of REBUG REX EDITION firmwares. Besides from performing the CEX/DEX EID0 and LV2 Kernel Swapping it is also an FTP server and is packed with a bunch of other useful tools.

INSTALL:
    1: In the PS3 XMB go to Game menu
    2: Select Package Manager
    3: Select Install Package Files
    4: Select PS3 Hard Disk
    5: Install REBUG-TOOLBOX-02.00.00.pkg

SYSTEM

SYSTEM INFORMATION:
    Displays Firmware version, Toolbox version, IP address, current LV2 Kernel and Target ID type and free HDD space.

QUIT:
    Quits Toolbox and returns you to PS3 XMB.

RESTART SYSTEM:
    Perform either a Full or Soft reboot od the PS3 system.
    Soft (LV2 Reboot Only)
    Full (On/Off Cycle)

Boot OtherOS:
    Boot OtherOS with either your currently selected LV1 patches or easily apply ALL LV1 patches and boot.
    Boot (LV1 Patches: Apply All)
    Boot (LV1 Patches: Use current)

Turn Off System:
    Shut down your PS3.

SELECTOR

SYSTEM MODE:
    Switches between NORMAL and REBUG mode

NORMAL mode which uses the DEBUG XMB is the default mode after installing Rebug.

REBUG mode sets the PS3 to the latest available version spoof (updatable in the future) and allows swapping between RETAIL and DEBUG XMB in addition to switching between the two different Debug Menu Types menus DEX (debug) and CEX QA (retail).

XMB OPERATION MODE:
    This option only works in REBUG mode and lets you select either the RETAIL or DEBUG XMB.

DEBUG MENU TYPE:
    Gives you the choice of the CEX QA (retail) or DEX (debug) Debug Settings menu.

LV1 PATCHES

A collection of LV1 patches that can be used for better compatibility with some PS3 tools. Any combination of these patches can be applied before booting OtherOS.

DEX/CEX

SWAP LV2 KERNEL:
    Swaps between CEX and DEX LV2 Kernel. This option will only work if your Target ID is set to DEX

REWRITE TARGET ID IN FLASH:
    This option requires you have a valid NOR/NAND dump named correctly on dev_usb000. Use EXPORT FLASH TO FILE function to dump your NOR/NAND to dev_usb000 and then use c2d.exe to convert your dump to DEX.

Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
    Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)

Once you have prepared your NOR/NAND dumps place them on a USB device and connect it to dev_usb000.

Now that you have your valid dumps named properly and connected to dev_usb000 it is a simple as selecting the option and following the onscreen prompts. Takes less than 10secs once you have your dumps prepared.

EXPORT FLASH TO FILE:
    Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000. Takes about 45secs for NAND

UTILITIES

TOGGLE QA:
    Enable/Disable QA flag. This option is only available in REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION as we are not able to set QA token at the moment from GameOS on higher firmware.

TOGGLE RECOVERY MODE:
    Enable/Disable Recover Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Recovery Mode.

TOGGLE PRODUCT MODE:
    Enable/Disable Product Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Factory Service Mode. This option is only available in REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION for safety reasons.

LOAD LV2 KERNEL:
    Load lv2_kernel.self.[KERNEL_NAME] from USB or /dev_hdd0

CREATE PACKAGES FOLDER ON PS3:
    Create /dev_hdd0/packages folder or your PS3 to be used with Package Manager.

EXPORT HYPERVISOR LV1 MEMORY:
    Save LV1 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.

EXPORT HYPERVISOR LV2 MEMORY:
    Save LV2 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.

CHANGE ACTIVE PS3ID:
    Spoof IDPS in LV2 memory. Choose from a list of Target ID’s or Use EID5 which will spoof your original CEX IDPS allowing you to connect to PSN if your PS3 is running REBUG 4.21.1 REX EDITION in DEX mode.

OTHER TOOLBOX FEATURES:

L3 changes clock/temperature display
    L2+R2 enable screensaver
    START+R2 take a raw rgb screenshot
    Remote-play via PSP/PSVITA
    Auto-turn-off if idle for 1 hour
    Telnet to PS3 ip at port: 8080
    FTP access with writable dev_flash mounted as dev_rebug
    (port: 21, user: anonymous, password: (anything))

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    QA SUPPORT

QA is supported in all REBUG REX EDITIONS but at this point in time we are unable to set the QA Token from GameOS on 3.55+ firmware.
    It is good practice to enable QA in 3.55 before updating to any CFW not just REBUG.

OTHEROS++ SUPPORT
    OtherOS++ is supported by all REBUG REX EDITIONS and will detect your existing OtherOS HDD partition.
    However none of the REBUG REX EDITIONS have emer_init.self patched (create smaller GameOS partition). We are working on a solution to this from GameOS.

In the meantime if you do want to create an OtherOS partition you have two options:

1: Use a 3.55 firmware that already has emer_init.self patched to the size you want.
    2: Patch REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION in PS3MFW Builder

If you choose option 2 we highly recommend that you ONLY patch emer_init.self. Also the resulting PUP will only be able to be installed on 3.55 firmware as the spkg_hdr will be mismatched.

One final thing to note about OtherOS on 4.21.1 is that it function is slightly reduced at the moment due to the fact that we are not able to map memory like in 3.55 and below. The affected modules are ps3ram and ps3sbmmio.

Hopefully this problem can be addressed without having to release another firmware.

REBUG 4.21.1 REX EDITION

INSTALL:
    From XMB install REBUG 4.21.1 REX EDITION over any 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW or the same or lower firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched or any firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched and QA enabled.

UNINSTALL:
    From XMB REBUG 4.21.1 REX EDITION can be uninstalled with the same or higher firmware version OFW/CFW/MFW or with REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3 or with the ’999′ DOWNGRADER if QA was NOT enabled.

REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION

INSTALL:
    From XMB install REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION over the same or lower firmware version OFW/CFW/MFW or any firmware version CFW/MFW with spkg sig check patched and QA enabled.

UNINSTALL:
    From XMB REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION can be uninstalled with the same or higher firmware version OFW/CFW/MFW.

REBUG ’999′ DOWNGRADER

THIS WILL SET YOUR SYSCON COREOS VERSION TO 9.99 ON PURPOSE: DO NOT PANIC
    REQUIRES SYSCON DEHASHING AFTER DOWNGRADE

INSTALL:
    From XMB install ’999′ DOWNGRADER over any firmware version CFW/MFW with spkg sig check patched on a PS3 with or without QA enabled.

UNINSTALL/DEHASH: REQUIRES PS3 TO BE QA ENABLED
    From XMB ’999′ DOWNGRADER can be uninstalled/dehashed with the REBUG 3.55.3 REX EDITION or from Recovery Mode with any other 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW.

Enjoy
    ~Codename: REBUG Team.

Codename: REBUG would like to thank:
    graf_chokolo (as always) and The Three Musketeers for the work they have done in the past and (hopefully) future.

Big thanks to:
    naehrwert - For scetool (its elf compression played a big part in 4.21.1)
    deank - Helping us get the Rebug Toolbox up and running.

Our BIGGEST thanks:
    flatz - Helping with the OtherOS testing and well… You know what you did..

Rebug Scorpion Artwork:
    by blastleaf - blastleaf@gmail.com

Rebug Customised Font:
    by @GDcooya

DOWNLOAD FROM - Codename: REBUG

** Please Do Not Hotlink Our Files **
    This includes posting links of our links, we rely on visitors to our site to help offset server costs.

MD5 CHECKSUM:
    REBUG_4.21.1_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP – f126a9b03fb668b280a3dfc399806eb2
    REBUG_3.55.3_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP – cba78abda0fd260335f43b7112cba398
    REBUG_3.55.3_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP – b5cb68c298e26c278bdb08c8e3b6d9be

Stevo105 wrote: »
    REBUG 3.55.3 and 4.21.1 REX EDITIONS and ’999′ DOWNGRADER CFW released.

Finally a reason to move from 3.55 OFW
    http://rebug.me/rebug-3-55-3-and-4-21-1-rex-editions-and-999-downgrader/

So in plain english, what does all that actually mean for the end user? Whats the advantage of being able to switch between CEX & DEX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

So in plain english, what does all that actually mean for the end user? Whats the advantage of being able to switch between CEX & DEX?

You can switch between 3.55 and 4.21 spoofer. PSN and all 3.55 backups + 4.21 continue to work. You can also revert back to any 3.55 OWF or CFW using the XMB.

Assassins 3 backup confirmed working without eboot by the creator of Multiman.

quote from Dean
    Just did a quick test for two of the latest games from external USB HDD:

1) NFS:MW (Need For Speed: Most Wanted) - For some reason the PARAM.SFO says 4.25, but the game is for 4.10/4.21.
    - using multiMAN -> [SQUARE] (Game Settings) - Update - it downloaded 1.01 update (says 4.10FW)
    - Install the 1.01 update from XMB
    - Start game - all works perfect

2) AC III (requires BD-Mirror option) - Works without update, but I decided to install the latest update anyway
    - using multiMAN -> [SQUARE] (Game Settings) - Update - it downloaded 1.01 update (says 4.10FW)
    - Install the 1.01 update from XMB
    - Start game - all works perfect

Tested few original and backup PS1 game discs - all works properly like on 3.55.
    Tested stDISC (or direct-disc-access from mM) - Showtime played videos from a data DVD-R disc.

Great job, REBUG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Folks,
    Looking for a little help her as to whether this is salvageable.
    I have an early phat PS3(Ps2 compatible) that was originally bricked via Waninkoko and resurrected a while back.

Anyway the system will play all PS2 titles and ''some'' PS3 titles i.e will play saints row 3 and skyrim but not J.A.S.F or Assassins Creed 2.
    The games that won't start give a trophy registration fail ''80010514''

Did the usual recommended fixes for this fail,i.e rebuild filesystem and even full format to eliminate the HD as an issue.

I have confirmed the Bluray portion of my drive is borked :/
    Its the KEM 410 dual laser Drive that I have....
    Anyways my question is will replacing the bluray diode solve this issue?
    And is there any workaround that will sort it? and save me some cash in the process ;)
    i.e will the Bluray Drive emulation option in rebug 4.21 solve this?

banie01 wrote: »
    Anyways my question is will replacing the bluray diode solve this issue?

If your asking if a bluray diode issue will prevent games which are sitting on an hdd from working, the answer is no. It's a completely unrelated problem, & the only way the blu ray drive can cause issues if its a logic board problem.

I suspect the problem lies in how this system was 'resurrected', as downgraded consoles often have weird quirks like this. What firmware is it sitting on now?

If your asking if a bluray diode issue will prevent games which are sitting on an hdd from working, the answer is no. It's a completely unrelated problem, & the only way the blu ray drive can cause issues if its a logic board problem.

I suspect the problem lies in how this system was 'resurrected', as downgraded consoles often have weird quirks like this. What firmware is it sitting on now?

It was on Rogero 3.55 until this week and since then its had Rogero 4.30v1 and is now on Rebug 4-21.1
    The DVD portion of the drive is working, just no bluray playback.
    The frustrating thing is trying to find out what the 80010514 error actually is...
    So far everything I've found is speculation, but I can rule out HD issues as I have plenty of spares to swap out and only issue I can categorically state is with the system now(apart from some FW anamoly from the resurrection) is the bluray diode :/

banie01 wrote: »
    It was on Rogero 3.55 until this week and since then its had Rogero 4.30v1 and is now on Rebug 4-21.1
    The DVD portion of the drive is working, just no bluray playback.
    The frustrating thing is trying to find out what the 80010514 error actually is...
    So far everything I've found is speculation, but I can rule out HD issues as I have plenty of spares to swap out and only issue I can categorically state is with the system now(apart from some FW anamoly from the resurrection) is the bluray diode :/

Just to follow up on this, I have repaired the laser and confirmed its working with BR games and movies...
    But I still have this 80010514 Trophy registration error, even when I try to delete Trophy info via Rebug/Debug menu I get the same fail(Tho there is no trophy data present)
    The other recommended fix is a HD replacement which I will try tonight.
    In the meantime is there any actual definitive information on what actually causes this error?

So has anyone migrated to Rogero 4.30 or the Rebug CFW? How well does it work? Really latching on to Kmeaw 3.55 still :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 RonnieWhelan

So has anyone migrated to Rogero 4.30 or the Rebug CFW? How well does it work? Really latching on to Kmeaw 3.55 still :o

I took part in the testing for Rogero CFW 4.25 V1.9 upgraded from Kmeaw CFW3.55 via the recovery menu with out problems, just make sure YOU HAVE NO DISC IN THE CONSOLE when updating as the console will take the firmware update off the disc. Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

I took part in the testing for Rogero CFW 4.25 V1.9 upgraded from Kmeaw CFW3.55 via the recovery menu with out problems, just make sure YOU HAVE NO DISC IN THE CONSOLE when updating as the console will take the firmware update off the disc. Hope this helps :)

Cheers man :)

In terms of functionality, does Rogero work exactly the same way as Kmeaw, as in you have a standard firmware, with an install package files option?

Advertisement