Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General PS3 Exploits/Hacks/Firmware Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

It was from official 3.55 to Rogero.
    The system was actually on 3.41 when I got it back.
    Got a bit confused with the patches/eboot fixes, not sure what version I am looking for?

Sorry been out of this scene for a while so playing catchup.
    Thanks for the reply.

Did you update to 4.30 from Kmeaw (or other CFW) or from the offical 3.55 FW? I used that guide I linked to on previous page and haven't had any issues.

I haven't gone online though since changing over to 4.30 (and don't really intend to unless to update games) but maybe Achill(i)es can help you as he's on same version. From what I've read you should be able to get onto PSN on Rogero latest version, so streaming shouldn't be an issue either.

Regarding games/backups not working have you applied any eboot fixes previously to get them working on the older firmware. I had that issue too but by replacing the changed files with the original files I've sorted that and have all my games working so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

sham69 wrote: »
    It was from official 3.55 to Rogero.
    The system was actually on 3.41 when I got it back.
    Got a bit confused with the patches/eboot fixes, not sure what version I am looking for?

Sorry been out of this scene for a while so playing catchup.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I've only recently got back into the PS3 recently myself.

Before when a game came out that required a higher firmware then the custom firmware you were on (be it 3.41 or 3.55) you would need to patch the game/eboot to make it work on a lower firmware.

Now that your on version 4.30 nearly all games will work straight out of the box without any patches required (a great advantage on the newer firmware). If you are trying to use a game though that you had patched previously to work on an older CFW then afaik they will no longer work on the newer firmware so you will no replace the changed files with the original files. You can create fresh backups from the orginal cd or alternatively if you google something like "original eboots ps3" you will find loads of different places to grab these files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just to remind everyone that discussion on how to run backups isn't permitted as per the charter, eboots etc verge into real grey area territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

so just to get this straight,only real advantage is playing later games and p*n, do all the latest titles work? and how hard is the downgrade?
    i hear the old games that you would have patched that dont work you just need to enter settings of that game and set permissions and they work perfect, just a bit freaked that if i go up i wont be able to gt back down if i need to, ill have to dust off the old 3.55 machine and try this, lucky too was considering selling it, happy days and thanks to the guys that made this possible!

sorry just read the above!
    apologies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Hey guys,

I've an old 60gb PS3, CECHC03. I want to downgrade it so I can install CFW. I have been researching and it seems I need a Progskeet as it has a nand chip.

Does anyone know where I can buy a complete kit online? (Including clip as id prefer not to solder.) Or if anyone does it to PS3s in Ireland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hummm been reading up on this across diff forums last few days, the blu ray is busted on my 60gb ps3, looking at homebrew to rectify a few issues i have. any guides on how to set things up, start to finish, correct files I need etc, its all a mess of version numbers and compatibility :(

hummm been reading up on this across diff forums last few days, the blu ray is busted on my 60gb ps3, looking at homebrew to rectify a few issues i have. any guides on how to set things up, start to finish, correct files I need etc, its all a mess of version numbers and compatibility :(

what firmware are you currently on? i know of a guy in glenegeary that can downgrade your ps3 if its compatible!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Hmm maybe here is a better place to ask for some PS3 help, names in the title :P

Just tried to put a 500GB drive in my PS3. The 320 is shipped with works fine, I make a backup on a USB that is recognised by the PS3 with the 320 in. I put the 500GB in, and the USB with the backup and to be safe, a 4.25 .PUP, but none of that seems to be what the PS3 wants. I press start and select but it says it can't find any related files.

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't put the .PUP in a PS3/UPDATE/ folder, that was the issue. Herp derp, see what a bit of googling does? :P

Now I have over 400GB's over usable space, woot!

Going to try and risk that 4.25 CFW now.

Enter, if it does turn out to be just a re-packed OFW, whatever that means, are there any risks?

Andy!! wrote: »
    Enter, if it does turn out to be just a re-packed OFW, whatever that means, are there any risks?

No risks I'm aware of man, I'd be letting other people guinea pig it first though

• Advertisement

Hmm ok. :P What are your usual channels for PS4 CFW news/forums btw?

Hmm ok. :P What are your usual channels for PS4 CFW news/forums btw?

I do keep an eye on psxscene & ps3news really, if anything is happening it'll be on those for sure

Starting to (forcibly) come round to this idea of buying a flashcard then, maybe paying for it by doing it for a few friends and charging :P Is this the best thread to find out about the flashcards or is there a website or article you'd recommend Enter?

Starting to (forcibly) come round to this idea of buying a flashcard then, maybe paying for it by doing it for a few friends and charging :P Is this the best thread to find out about the flashcards or is there a website or article you'd recommend Enter?

Flashcard as in an Acekard2i type DS thing or an E3flasher for ps3? No idea about either man, havn't bought an Acekard in a long time & never have done for the PS3. Looks like a very tricky job soldering wise, as I don't using those fast fit adapters esp when it comes to nand work

Oh so the clip versions of the E3 flasher are no good?

Oh so the clip versions of the E3 flasher are no good?

Someone here has had success using them I think, I just don't like those fast fit options they're to flimsy & prone to losing contact

• Advertisement

OK so I actually found a pre-modded PS3 Slim today :) Wasn't a bad price but now I gotta sell the other one.

It's on Rogero 4.31, The Rogero insignia comes up upon start-up, and the guy showed me that multiman is installed; I checked the system settings and the firmware tag just looks like a normal one, should it have some funky ID to it like is usual with CFW? (for example, CRAYZEE FIRMWARE 4.31).

Most of the 320GB of the hard drive is taken up, but I cannot find with what; is any dodgy business likely to be IN that multiman app? I've literally not looked into this at all really as I had given up hope of finding one...

How can I format the PS3 to a fresh state but keep the CFW? Is it possible? Just want to remove game saves, users, and any dodgyness hiding away on this drive.

My second question is... it's a stupid idea to try and install a 500GB in there right? It's not a simple process at all is it, I'd have to basically reinstall the whole lot right? Am I better off waiting for a future CFW release to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

launch multiman, you should be able delete what ever he has put on it, if 300 odd gigs has been eatin up, highly likely it isn't with photos ;)

I can launch it, but of all the things that are in there, only one launches. All the others cause the PS3 to crash out to regular desktop, occasionally even freezing the unit altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I can launch it, but of all the things that are in there, only one launches. All the others cause the PS3 to crash out to regular desktop, occasionally even freezing the unit altogether.

Put a regular disc in the bluray drive, only some firmwares are good at booting directly to game. Others need to fool the bluray drive into thinking the disc that's in the drive is an iso.

Failing that you can FTP into the ps3 and delete the contents of the directory containing the files

• Advertisement

OK got everything working. Apparently what I thought was crashing to the XBM was just multiMan loading the thing ready for use :)

There are some... files... already on the PS3 in multiMan that I would like to uninstall because I don't want to play them. How do I do this properly so they are totally gone from the system? Just highlight the file, hit triangle, and hit delete? Or do I have to uninstall them in a way similar to how they were installed? What if these files needed an extra install upon first boot up?

Your treading towards dangerous waters here :p

just delete in multiman, multiman is a full file manager and ftp program, use it for everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paanhaddy

hi, does anyone know where to find e3 flasher in dublin (to downgrade the firmware) or spefic website to order online? one more thing. can we remove e3 flasher after downgraded the ps3? i tried to google it but found none. any help will be grand.
    cheers

I got my stuff from here, arrived in 3 days.

Yes you can remove the ribbon after successful downgrade

here's a great guide that anything you could asked answered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paanhaddy

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I got my stuff from here, arrived in 3 days.

Yes you can remove the ribbon after successful downgrade

here's a great guide that anything you could asked answered :)

cheers for the help man,:)
    from ur opinion, which flasher is better? is it progskeet, teensy++, e3?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Any solution on the horizon that doesn't need a hardware flasher?

Any solution on the horizon that doesn't need a hardware flasher?

I doubt it.

paanhaddy wrote: »
    cheers for the help man,:)
    from ur opinion, which flasher is better? is it progskeet, teensy++, e3?

Ive only ever used the E3, but it does seem to be the best option....be sure your PS3 is downloadable first before you invest :)
    also you will need a factory service mode jig, like an E3 Reader also

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    I doubt it.

Whatever happened to that LV0 access they were supposed to have gotten their hands on in October?

Whatever happened to that LV0 access they were supposed to have gotten their hands on in October?

That's just for certain models is it not? I think all that allows them to do is decrypt new PSN keys and be able to sign anything they like for future firmware updates.

I don't think it allows them to be able to downgrade non downgradable firmware through a software only solution.

As far as I am aware that was to enable custom firmwares to be built to a higher firmware (4.25 i think).

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. They really got **** locked down tight this gen. Next gen is gonna be impossible to hack. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Whats the best way to install Rogero 4.30 v2.05 from Kmeaw 3.55?
    I've seen some sites say to change back to a different FW and some say to backup some stuff and others say to just install it from the XMB

Whats the best way to install Rogero 4.30 v2.05 from Kmeaw 3.55?
    I've seen some sites say to change back to a different FW and some say to backup some stuff and others say to just install it from the XMB

I upgraded from 3.55 to Rogero 4.30 using this guide. Quite easy to follow and includes steps for backing up your NAND etc

I upgraded from 3.55 to Rogero 4.30 using this guide. Quite easy to follow and includes steps for backing up your NAND etc

Seems very handy, how do you find using cfw4.30? Any differences?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Seems very handy, how do you find using cfw4.30? Any differences?

Yeah I'm really liking it as I feel it just makes everything quicker and smoother. Plus it's nice to be on a near latest firmware to take advantage of the updates the system has got over the years.

Aside from the games, the function I like best of the modded PS3 is Showtime. Now I had this when I was on 3.55 but the updated version (+ constant updates) equals best version. I have my PS3 connected to the internet (though not PSN) and Showtime just auto-updates movie information, subtitles etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I updated to Rogero 4.30 v2.05 a few days ago, I followed one of the guides and did a backup of the NAND, then installed it over the 3.55,

I like it so far, Its nice to be able to play new games again, (actual discs not backups, I bought Arkham City GOTY but it wouldnt work on 3.55), anyone on 3.55 thinking about changing to 4.30 should do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I updated to Rogero 4.30 v2.05 a few days ago, I followed one of the guides and did a backup of the NAND, then installed it over the 3.55,

I like it so far, Its nice to be able to play new games again, (actual discs not backups, I bought Arkham City GOTY but it wouldnt work on 3.55), anyone on 3.55 thinking about changing to 4.30 should do it

sorry whats this now?

i gave up on my 3.55 cfw PS3 after it wouldn't play the newer games.

Are you saying i can stay on 3.55 and play games off my hardrive and have 4.30 for the newer disk games?

Or have i completely misunderstood.

eoinf wrote: »
    sorry whats this now?

i gave up on my 3.55 cfw PS3 after it wouldn't play the newer games.

Are you saying i can stay on 3.55 and play games off my hardrive and have 4.30 for the newer disk games?

Or have i completely misunderstood.

There are newer custom firmwares now, 4.30 & a 4.31 have just been released, making 3.55 old news

CFW 4.30/4.31 is the new CFW 3.55 :)

Very easy to upgrade too. There is guide on the previous page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Anyone know how to downgrade OFW 4.00 to 3.55 to install CFW? Its a 60GB PS3 with backward compatibility.

justryan wrote: »
    Anyone know how to downgrade OFW 4.00 to 3.55 to install CFW? Its a 60GB PS3 with backward compatibility.

Can't be done without a progskeet like device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pocgoc

Anyone willing to sell their Progskeet or e3 flasher?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Achilles wrote: »

Can't be done without a progskeet like device.

Any particular progskeet version? Do you recommended the solderless version?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

I've got a PS3 Slim with 250GB HDD (from a couple of years ago) on official firmware 4.31. Is there any way to put custom firmware on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭grumpig

Hi,I was trying to find the download to jail break my ps3 anyone know where to i could download the 4.30/4.31 jail break? I looked for the download but a lot of them were surveys(the surveys that make you send a text then suck up loads of your credit on your phone ) and some of them were closed. my firmware is 3.41 and im using a ps3 jailbreak usb stick V1.2. could anyone please help me because I have been looking for ages...

grumpig wrote: »
    Hi,I was trying to find the download to jail break my ps3 anyone know where to i could download the 4.30/4.31 jail break? I looked for the download but a lot of them were surveys(the surveys that make you send a text then suck up loads of your credit on your phone ) and some of them were closed. my firmware is 3.41 and im using a ps3 jailbreak usb stick V1.2. could anyone please help me because I have been looking for ages...

We can't speak of such things here!

Nah just kidding...

You'll need to install OFW 3.55 first and then install a 4.30 or 4.31 cfw. Don't worry though there are ways of reverting back to 3.55 if needed but this will be the last time you'll be able to go back to 3.41 so just be aware of this.

You can find some firmwares here:
    http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=12

Tortuga Cove is a great resource for hacking many consoles. Enjoy!

as far as i know you have to be on 3.55 cfw before you go to 4.31 cfw?

• Advertisement
Advertisement