Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General PS3 Exploits/Hacks/Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

eoinf wrote: »
    sorry whats this now?

i gave up on my 3.55 cfw PS3 after it wouldn't play the newer games.

Are you saying i can stay on 3.55 and play games off my hardrive and have 4.30 for the newer disk games?

Or have i completely misunderstood.

There are newer custom firmwares now, 4.30 & a 4.31 have just been released, making 3.55 old news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

CFW 4.30/4.31 is the new CFW 3.55 :)

Very easy to upgrade too. There is guide on the previous page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Anyone know how to downgrade OFW 4.00 to 3.55 to install CFW? Its a 60GB PS3 with backward compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

justryan wrote: »
    Anyone know how to downgrade OFW 4.00 to 3.55 to install CFW? Its a 60GB PS3 with backward compatibility.

Can't be done without a progskeet like device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pocgoc

Anyone willing to sell their Progskeet or e3 flasher?

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »

Can't be done without a progskeet like device.

Any particular progskeet version? Do you recommended the solderless version?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

I've got a PS3 Slim with 250GB HDD (from a couple of years ago) on official firmware 4.31. Is there any way to put custom firmware on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭grumpig

Hi,I was trying to find the download to jail break my ps3 anyone know where to i could download the 4.30/4.31 jail break? I looked for the download but a lot of them were surveys(the surveys that make you send a text then suck up loads of your credit on your phone ) and some of them were closed. my firmware is 3.41 and im using a ps3 jailbreak usb stick V1.2. could anyone please help me because I have been looking for ages...

grumpig wrote: »
    Hi,I was trying to find the download to jail break my ps3 anyone know where to i could download the 4.30/4.31 jail break? I looked for the download but a lot of them were surveys(the surveys that make you send a text then suck up loads of your credit on your phone ) and some of them were closed. my firmware is 3.41 and im using a ps3 jailbreak usb stick V1.2. could anyone please help me because I have been looking for ages...

We can't speak of such things here!

Nah just kidding...

You'll need to install OFW 3.55 first and then install a 4.30 or 4.31 cfw. Don't worry though there are ways of reverting back to 3.55 if needed but this will be the last time you'll be able to go back to 3.41 so just be aware of this.

You can find some firmwares here:
    http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=12

Tortuga Cove is a great resource for hacking many consoles. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

as far as i know you have to be on 3.55 cfw before you go to 4.31 cfw?

• Advertisement

ufc pro wrote: »

Yeah that's what I said.

You'll need to install OFW 3.55 first and then install a 4.30 or 4.31 cfw
    Yeah that's what I said.

No it itsn't

EnterNow wrote: »
    No it itsn't

Ohh right yeah I should have clarified. It goes like this:
    3.41 cfw > 3.55 OFW > 3.55 CFW > 4.31 CFW

All that should go smoothly but you may want to go to a 3.55CFW that you can enable debug mode on first as I had issues upgrading to 4.31 CFW due to not having this enabled.

I should have been clearer about that, sometimes my brain works faster than my fingers... or at least that's what my girlfriend tells me. :P

Thanks for that btw EnterNow, I don't always re-read what I've typed and just hit send.

Ohh right yeah I should have clarified. It goes like this:
    3.41 cfw > 3.55 OFW > 3.55 CFW > 4.31 CFW

All that should go smoothly but you may want to go to a 3.55CFW that you can enable debug mode on first as I had issues upgrading to 4.31 CFW due to not having this enabled.

I should have been clearer about that, sometimes my brain works faster than my fingers... or at least that's what my girlfriend tells me. :P

haha thanks bro for the info XD but whats the diffrence from ofw and cfw???? I am quite a noob at it ^^; and after downloading 3.55 do I just make a folder on my usb called ps3 then make another folder called update then put the 3.55???Am I correct? ^^;

ofw is official firmware ie sony, cfw is custom firmware,you must be on 3.55 OFW before you go to 3.55 CFW ,make sure you have the right firmware,your official and your custom, format your usb to fat 32 and put these folders on it /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
    there are alot of good tutorials on this out there i suggest you read one a couple of times before you continue!
    goodluck!

ofw is official firmware ie sony, cfw is custom firmware,you must be on 3.55 OFW before you go to 3.55 CFW ,make sure you have the right firmware,your official and your custom, format your usb to fat 32 and put these folders on it /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
    there are alot of good tutorials on this out there i suggest you read one a couple of times before you continue!
    goodluck!

sorry might be asking a stupid question again but how do I format my usb to fat 32?:confused:

insert your usb into your pc,go to my computer on your usb right click and it will have a format option, choose fat32 and start!

In fairness if you're asking how to format a USB stick you might want to get somebody to assist you in person with hacking your PS3's firmware.

In fairness if you're asking how to format a USB stick you might want to get somebody to assist you in person with hacking your PS3's firmware.

Why? Its all a learning process. If the OP wants to get help step by step thats what the forum is for. Lord knows I've asked my fair share of stupid questions on this forum. Plus if he's using Win 7 he may not have the visible option to format in Fat32 which is causing the confusion - you have to use a 3rd party program in some cases

• Advertisement

What? I didn't say it was a stupid question I'm just saying...

Ok hold on let's back up for a sec. I'm a visual learner... I sometimes learn better not by following guides but by watching someone do it or at least having someone there with more experience to give me a hand.

The dude that asked the questions might be like that too hence the suggestion.

What? I didn't say it was a stupid question I'm just saying...

Ok hold on let's back up for a sec. I'm a visual learner... I sometimes learn better not by following guides but by watching someone do it or at least having someone there with more experience to give me a hand.

The dude that asked the questions might be like that too hence the suggestion.

I didn't say you said it was a stupid question, I'm saying I've asked stupid questions here before, then gotten the answer & thus learned how to do it. You implied that because the OP wasn't sure how to format a USB stick to FAT32, that he may need personal assistance before proceeding. I'm saying that Win7 doesn't natively give a choice of formatting a removable drive in FAT32, you have to use a 3rd party program to do it - which is all the help the OP probably needs until he's at the next stage.

Indeed, why are we debating this? I hope the OP gets assistance of some sort with his issue. Can we move on now Mr. Mod please?

Can we move on now Mr. Mod please?

Yes, lets get back to helping the OP with his issue

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yes, lets get back to helping the OP with his issue

Cool.

I've found a pre 3.55 OFW PS3 what CFW do you guys recommend to install?

justryan wrote: »
    I've found a pre 3.55 OFW PS3 what CFW do you guys recommend to install?

OFW :D

i would say the latest rogero 4.31,that way you wont have any problems playing the latest games, just remember the procedure for updating= 3.55 ofw/3.55cfw/4.31cfw!

i would say the latest rogero 4.31,that way you wont have any problems playing the latest games, just remember the procedure for updating= 3.55 ofw/3.55cfw/4.31cfw!

Thanks for the advice I am installing 3.55 CFW now :D

• Advertisement

cool,dont forget to qa flag on 3.55cfw before you go to 4.31cfw!

Advertisement