Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales agent misrepresented package

Options
  • 05-12-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

An eircom rep knocked on our door in October and tried to get us to change over from perlico. I said that I usually checked the market every ¼ and that I did not think that they could beat my package. He said that he could more than beat it and went on to state that he could give me a better than like for like package i.e. unlimited local and national calls to Irish and UK landlines and 200 free mins to emobile and meteor and 30 free mins to any mobile network all for €29.99 pm and that if I was a eircom customer that I would have a better chance of getting fixed line broadband. Said that I would need to check my perlico package before I would sign up.

He took my number and said he would give me a call back before he finished up in the area. Rang back a couple of days later and I said that I would be happy to do the business. When he called back to my house he said that he made a small mistake and that the price that he quoted was an introductory offer for 6 months and that the price would increase to €35.84 pm thereafter. I done the sums and eircom was only about €5 in the year cheaper. I felt sorry for the rep as I could see that he was under pressure for the sale so I decided that I would give him the twist anyway!

Guess what happened when I received my second bill… well it turns out that I was not getting 30 minutes free mobile calls at all and no free UK landline calls. Made a complaint to eircom and they said that I signed a contract for “talktime everyday”. I made a complaint on the basis that the rep misrepresented the package that he sold to me and on that basis I wanted to cancel the contract.

They said that they would look into for me and that they would get back to me within a few days. I had a message left on my mobile last Wednesday from a Jerry ****** and he said that he looked into it for me and that I had signed up for the talktime package and that if I wanted I could switch to another package that would include 30 minutes free mobile calls and to ring him back.

So I rang back on Wednesday but he was away from his desk so I left a message, rang back again on Thursday and left a message, rang back again on Friday and left a message and again this morning and left another message, I am still waiting for him to ring back.

I have a feeling that I am being ignored at this stage and when he does have the manners to ring back I will get the standard response that I signed a contract and the usual tripe that goes with it.
    So to eircom I put this to your company… You as a company need to make sure that all the information that your employee’s conveys verbally to your potential customers is true and complete as up to 10% of this country population have difficulties with reading and writing. I am more than willing to meet face to face with your rep and his manager and discuss the above.
    c.c. eircom customer service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Kennie1 wrote: »
    An eircom rep knocked on our door in October and tried to get us to change over from perlico. I said that I usually checked the market every ¼ and that I did not think that they could beat my package. He said that he could more than beat it and went on to state that he could give me a better than like for like package i.e. unlimited local and national calls to Irish and UK landlines and 200 free mins to emobile and meteor and 30 free mins to any mobile network all for €29.99 pm and that if I was a eircom customer that I would have a better chance of getting fixed line broadband. Said that I would need to check my perlico package before I would sign up.

He took my number and said he would give me a call back before he finished up in the area. Rang back a couple of days later and I said that I would be happy to do the business. When he called back to my house he said that he made a small mistake and that the price that he quoted was an introductory offer for 6 months and that the price would increase to €35.84 pm thereafter. I done the sums and eircom was only about €5 in the year cheaper. I felt sorry for the rep as I could see that he was under pressure for the sale so I decided that I would give him the twist anyway!

Guess what happened when I received my second bill… well it turns out that I was not getting 30 minutes free mobile calls at all and no free UK landline calls. Made a complaint to eircom and they said that I signed a contract for “talktime everyday”. I made a complaint on the basis that the rep misrepresented the package that he sold to me and on that basis I wanted to cancel the contract.

They said that they would look into for me and that they would get back to me within a few days. I had a message left on my mobile last Wednesday from a Jerry ****** and he said that he looked into it for me and that I had signed up for the talktime package and that if I wanted I could switch to another package that would include 30 minutes free mobile calls and to ring him back.

So I rang back on Wednesday but he was away from his desk so I left a message, rang back again on Thursday and left a message, rang back again on Friday and left a message and again this morning and left another message, I am still waiting for him to ring back.

I have a feeling that I am being ignored at this stage and when he does have the manners to ring back I will get the standard response that I signed a contract and the usual tripe that goes with it.
    So to eircom I put this to your company… You as a company need to make sure that all the information that your employee’s conveys verbally to your potential customers is true and complete as up to 10% of this country population have difficulties with reading and writing. I am more than willing to meet face to face with your rep and his manager and discuss the above.
    c.c. eircom customer service

Hi Kennie1

Can you PM me with the telephone number and the name of the agent if you have it and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Hi Mark

Just pm'd you all my details and account number.

Kennie

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭stephenlane80

Sigh.. i feel your pain, rule of thumb seems to be when dealing with Eircom sales people is that they are are not telling you the truth, don't agree to anything without seeing it in writing first, otherwise you will get the usual contract ya da ya da spin when you make a complaint.

I decided to give eircom a ring this morning out of pure frustration again as they were supposed to give me a call back before close of business yesterday.

Got through to a girl who actually took on board my frustration and sent a message to the guy that had not returned my calls over the last week.
    So Jerry from eircom rings me a half hour later and gives me the usual line; the rep left you with a copy of the contract and I had 7 days to read it and cancel if I was not happy, yada yada yada. I had to go through the whole sequence of events again with him so he would take on board my complaint to which he replied that he would forward my complaint to the reps manager who would get back to me sometime but could not say when.

At that stage I became even more frustrated, I asked him had he not contacted the rep and asked him for a complaint report? He said that he had not as he wanted to speak to me first and that he tried to contact me last Wednesday to which I replied that I rang him back straight away and left several messages. He said that he was in and out of the office and had not picked up my messages! Now hold on a second here this is a communications company that is not able to pick up a voice message over a 5 day period. I said that eircom had the full body of the complaint over 2 weeks and that I thought it was not good enough that they had not made any attempt to investigate the complaint so I got his managers number to esculate my complaint further.

So I got to speak with his manager who to be fair rang me within a half an hour. She again gave me the usual line, contract signed, 7 days to cancel it and they had provided the service that I signed up for yada yada yada. She then said to which I was very surprised "we both know that the rep will deny what you are saying" So what is she saying? Is it we know that our sales agents lie to its prospects just to get them to sign up but if you don't bother to read or you are not able to read your contract its your fault for being so gullible?

So now the question is will the eircom sales rep and his manager be prepared to have a face to face meeting or will the rep do the decent thing and own up to what he said?

Will update when I have my next conversation with the reps manager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Best thing to do is send a "Formal Complaint" in to eircom. If they have not fully resolved it in 10 days you can take it to Comreg. If they do not give you a complaint reference number you can take it to Comreg even sooner. But it must be a formal complaint.

Right now you have an informal complaint, however well worded and accurate and they can ping you round the salesmen and the sales team leaders....many of whom do not work for eircom and are on contract from CPM or similar.

This is how you can do it. Once you have a formal complaint reference number it is easier to deal with Sales teams.
    1. How to contact us with a complaint

If you would like to register a complaint, here are a number of different ways you can contact us.
    By phone

You can contact our Customer Care team directly on freefone 1800 200 481, 9am - 5.30 pm (Mon - Fri) where you can speak to one of our Customer Care Executives and register your complaint.

The Customer Care Executive will provide his / her own name and provide you with your unique reference number and acknowledge your complaint on the phone.

Our aim is to resolve your complaint to your complete satisfaction. Our Customer Care Executive will resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, preferably during your phone call. If this is not possible we will inform you of the length of time we expect it to take to investigate and resolve the complaint.

• Advertisement

:confused:Well over a week and still no responce!

Thanks sponge bob, I took your advice and made a complaint to comreg today.

Jerry ****** manager said that she would get the sales reps manager to call me within a few days of our conversation last week and I am still waiting for the phone call. I tried Jerry's number this morning and got through to his voice mail, which he has not updated from last Tuesday the 6th. Tried his manager's number and left a message to which I am still waiting for a reply. Tried customer services to which the woman said that she would get someone to ring me back so got fed and rang comreg.

So then I rang vodafone to see if I could get my old contract reinstated and they said that I cant and the nearest package would end up costing an extra €7 per month.

So now what? Perhaps I will just cancel the DD for eircom and then I will get a responce from them. Yes I know I will get a charged a breakage charge, so what let them bring me to court, at this stage I dont really care. I would like to see them try, I would get great pleasure in telling a judge how their staff misled me and then when I complained ignored all my phone calls and when they did answer my calls passed it off to a different department and then that department ignored my complaint!

Customer service now that's a real joke, shame on you eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Kennie1 wrote: »
    :confused:Well over a week and still no responce!

Thanks sponge bob, I took your advice and made a complaint to comreg today.

Jerry ****** manager said that she would get the sales reps manager to call me within a few days of our conversation last week and I am still waiting for the phone call. I tried Jerry's number this morning and got through to his voice mail, which he has not updated from last Tuesday the 6th. Tried his manager's number and left a message to which I am still waiting for a reply. Tried customer services to which the woman said that she would get someone to ring me back so got fed and rang comreg.

So then I rang vodafone to see if I could get my old contract reinstated and they said that I cant and the nearest package would end up costing an extra €7 per month.

So now what? Perhaps I will just cancel the DD for eircom and then I will get a responce from them. Yes I know I will get a charged a breakage charge, so what let them bring me to court, at this stage I dont really care. I would like to see them try, I would get great pleasure in telling a judge how their staff misled me and then when I complained ignored all my phone calls and when they did answer my calls passed it off to a different department and then that department ignored my complaint!

Customer service now that's a real joke, shame on you eircom!

Hi Kennie1,

There is a lead time of 10 working days for an offical complaint to be be investigated and responded to.

I will try and expidite a response for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Kennie1,

There is a lead time of 10 working days for an offical complaint to be be investigated and responded to.

I will try and expidite a response for you.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark

With all due respect, the complaint was logged on the 25th November, it is now the 13th of December so it is now well over 10 working days

Kennie:mad:

You may go to Comreg once the 10 days is up. Did you get a complaint reference number??

Yes I got a complaint number yesterday and today I received two phone calls from eircom first to say that they had received a complaint through comreg and the second from a guy who gave me the usual line that they had a contract signed by myself and that they couldn't investigate the complaint any further as the rep had since left the company, therefore they will not be proceeding any further with my complaint

So stuck with the contract as far as they are concerned. Rang comreg back and they almost seemed surprised (imo) that eircom had not made any offer to remedy my complaint. So they have to wait until eircom comes back to them directly before comreg can proceed any further.

• Advertisement

Standard excuse is that the rep has left.

BTW Did the rep know you were with Perlico BEFORE they got there or did you tell them. It would be extremely naughty if they did know in advance of knocking on your door.. :)

I would love to say that he did but that would be untrue. I told him on the door step before he said that he would be able to do better than a like for like package.

Not like me to get caught like this as I have had several several reps on my door over the years, so will never sign up to anything on the door step again, lesson learned whatever the outcome of the comreg complaint.

Advertisement