Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Locations... What's the protocol?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

My first exam is tomorrow (God help me) in EGO10,
    Now I know where it is but do I just walk in and get a seat or what?
    Secondly my next exam on Friday is in SPHALL/GYM...
    Is this the emergency door exit into the arena,
    Just remember that's the way I went in for the C&S thing.
    Guessing you can use the front door too but is it the same thing,
    Or must I find someone to throw my Student ID at before I can sit down?
    Oh and the SPHALL/GYM are in the UL Arena yes?
    Expecting to fail Maths but turning up late will be shooting myself in the foot and kneecaps in relation to it...

This is all precautionary now,
    As much as I like to wing it and play things by the ear,
    I think I'll play this one safe...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Oh...
    And how will I know if I'm in Sports Hall or Gym!
    Hate having options!
    Please don't guide me to a notice board as chances are I haven't a notion where that is either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

You have to sign in at the entrance to the exam venue. You will then be directed to the area where your class is assigned within the venue. You can choose your own seat within this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

SP Hall/Gym is NOT in the arena!

They are the two main halls in the PESS building (the one that had the centre of it demolished) I dont know what the story is with entering the building now but you will see everyone else there anyway.

It will be clearly marked where your module's exam will be inside the building, for instance ME4412, Rows 9-10. You sign in at the entrance, you MUST have your ID card, no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Outside EG010 at the front door there will be invigilators they will check your Student ID and get you to sign in, when you go into the hall they will direct you where to sit, rows are usually numbered at the different groups/modules will sit in the same rows. they fill each row then is a waiting game until everyone is seated then they give out the exam papers. ( at that stage the hall fills with a stench of people s***ing themselves.)
    You have to have your ID on the table and pen pencil calculator etc everything else is placed on the floor under your seat, bags/coats are left in the little back room

Best of Luck :D

Oh...
    And how will I know if I'm in Sports Hall or Gym!
    Hate having options!
    Please don't guide me to a notice board as chances are I haven't a notion where that is either :/

There will be signs on both the Hall and Gym just remember your module code, it is a complete circus you might have 4 modules there at one time. Nearly signed in for some computer module last year by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    SP Hall/Gym is NOT in the arena!

They are the two main halls in the PESS building (the one that had the centre of it demolished) I dont know what the story is with entering the building now but you will see everyone else there anyway.

It will be clearly marked where your module's exam will be inside the building, for instance ME4412, Rows 9-10. You sign in at the entrance, you MUST have your ID card, no exceptions.

Must find that building actually, majority of mine are based in Kemmy or Main Building, I'll find it for Friday anyway, I'd be standing in UL Arena otherwise for 2 and a half hours :/
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    There will be signs on both the Hall and Gym just remember your module code, it is a complete circus you might have 4 modules there at one time. Nearly signed in for some computer module last year by mistake.

Thanks again!
    Looked at mine yesterday and assumed that would be sorted for me,
    Must memorize mine now...
    Just add it to my study list :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement