Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one of these 2 phones for my girlfriend?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I have decided to get either of these 2 phones for my girlfriend for xmas.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/nokia-c3-00-pink/120/

OR

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/sony-ericsson-xperia-x8-black/72/

The 1st one:
    Its pink. Not a smartphone But it has Wi-Fi and the x8 doesn't.
    Has a nice qwert keyboard like a blackberry which she would love for texting i'm sure.

The 2nd one:
    Its a smartphone. She can get thousands of Apps. But not much good for social networking on prepay..
    Includes a 2gb sd card. No Wi-fi(I don't think?).

Both 80 euro which is my budget.

Her last phone which i got her last x-mas was the LG Cookie. Its all touchscreen, kind of a smartphone but its not.

I feel like I should get the smartphone because its a SMARTPHONE!
    And getting the nokia is kinda going back in time(away from touchscreen??)

But then the Nokia is PINK, has better battery i'm sure and a nice keyboard WITH Wi-Fi!

Or do i not get her a phone again this x-mas?
    Its only cuz he current one has problems every now and again and the battery sucks so I know she'd love a new one.
    Decisions decisions...;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First off most girls prefer handbags and diamonds to mobile phones. ;)

The x8 would be the better phone, it's 3G, has a qwerty keybaord the same as the c3, it has wifi and best of all it's android which will probably be the software that comes with her next few phones.
    The X8 is good for social networking it use a thing called time scape to keep all the facebook feeds in the one place.

I'd question whether o2 is the right network to get it on but besided that the x8 wins hands down. The c3 suffers from software problems and Nokia's notoriously bad build quality, i'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

First off most girls prefer handbags and diamonds to mobile phones. ;)

The x8 would be the better phone, it's 3G, has a qwerty keybaord the same as the c3, it has wifi and best of all it's android which will probably be the software that comes with her next few phones.
    The X8 is good for social networking it use a thing called time scape to keep all the facebook feeds in the one place.

I'd question whether o2 is the right network to get it on but besided that the x8 wins hands down. The c3 suffers from software problems and Nokia's notoriously bad build quality, i'd avoid.

OP, I'm kinda with drunkmonkey on this....unless she really likes mobile phones, I'd probably not go with that. As a bloke, I'd have no problem getting a mobile as a present, but it might be viewed as a functional rather than a romantic gift by the smarter sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

Thanks for the input!

I know what you mean. But its more because of a problem she has with hers.
    I'm with Three myself. When we're texting I always have to send the message followed by another saying 'sent' just to make sure she got my message because sometimes she never gets my message. Its so annoying. Its no my phone or the network.

Any idea how to fix this problem? The odd time she gets 'messages full' notification so she has to delete a bunch of old texts. But I don't think this has to do with her not getting my texts randomly. She'd get most of my texts. I think its the long ones she doesn't get and I'm forced to resend it.

Thanks ;)

Advertisement