Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Ammo for the .22lr

Options
  • 05-12-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi lads and ladies,

Was out the weekend at a range and was charged € 20 for a 100 rounds of CCI .22 lr subsonic ammo. I am a total newbie so I was wonderig is this the normal price or am I being screwed? I looked online and from what i see it seems a bit steep.
    Where is the cheapest place to by ammo near dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

McCarthy's in Prosperous Co.Kildare . great to deal with and €12 for CCI .22Lr Subsonic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You definitely got screwed, a lot. I'd expect closer to half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Pat Cooke in Hilltop sells CCI Std. Velocity @ €5 a box. €20 for 100 is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I pay 42.50 or 45 for a brick/500 of CCI subs target ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You definitely got screwed, a lot. I'd expect closer to half that.

Especially when you're talking about CCI stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I use to pay €20 for a hundred eley match but they are one of the best .22lr target rounds. I think you got screwed on the cci. I paid €8.50 for a hundred cci mini mags in mccartys last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I pay £30 per brick. Might be up to £32 by now, it goes up a wee bit every time I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

50 euro a brick for cci standards in John Lambert's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

seems a bit much alright

on another not 8.50 for mini mags isnt bad good to see mccarthys came back to reality with there prices when they got cci back in this year he was asking me for 11 euro a box for stingers

i nearly got sick and then he did when i told him they were 6 euro a box in griffan hawes

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justashotgun

£8.50 - £9 per 100 in N Ards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭peteshamrock

I thought I was being screwed but now I know! Don't know if its worth asking why the price is so high as I can't shoot anywhere else as I'm waiting on my cert to come through. Also can only use ammo bought from them on their range.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You're kinda stuck with it so. Once you get your licence through, there won't be any reason for you to stick with the CCI, and you will be under no pressure to buy from the club.

If they're selling from the club, then the extra (overcharge) is probably going into the club coffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

€40 for a 525 round brick of federal champion in cresent sports in monkstown, baumanns in stillorgan charge something crazy like €8 for 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Hi lads and ladies,

Was out the weekend at a range and was charged € 20 for a 100 rounds of CCI .22 lr subsonic ammo. I am a total newbie so I was wonderig is this the normal price or am I being screwed? I looked online and from what i see it seems a bit steep.
    Where is the cheapest place to by ammo near dublin?

Hope you enjoyed being screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

I thought I was being screwed but now I know! Don't know if its worth asking why the price is so high as I can't shoot anywhere else as I'm waiting on my cert to come through. Also can only use ammo bought from them on their range.:confused:

Pete Shamrock,

You havent specified whether the price you paid was a price to take the ammunition away to use elsewhere or whether there was an additional fee incorporated to use the range too.

Alot of the prices being quoted above are from shops, where I know there is no facility to use them on site.

Does the €20 price you mentioned also include a range fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

rowa wrote: »
    €40 for a 525 round brick of federal champion in cresent sports in monkstown, baumanns in stillorgan charge something crazy like €8 for 50.

€40 for Federal champs ? Im payin €29 in Clarkes of Navan !! Top Gun in Drogheda is about the same. For CCI standard velocity round nose he's chargin €11.50 for 100

Pete Shamrock,

You havent specified whether the price you paid was a price to take the ammunition away to use elsewhere or whether there was an additional fee incorporated to use the range too.

Alot of the prices being quoted above are from shops, where I know there is no facility to use them on site.

Does the €20 price you mentioned also include a range fee?

Valid point chopperdog,

I thouight that too but it was 20 for each box of ammo. Would the charge for a range be a one off charge rather then each box of ammo. Also if it was a green fee type charge it was not advertised as such and no deliniation was made when I bought the ammo between its actual cost and the surcharge added.

I am new to shooting and i love it but it starts getting rather pricey !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

It's very interesting the difference been charged,
    but then i presume most people would buy off the same fella once it's not way out on price, and also how far would you travel for it.
    Is there any option to save money buying ammo online.
    Sportsden.ie deliver ammunition but I've never used them for the ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I bought 100 CCI subsonics for €13 in my local hardware two weeks ago and they aren't know for their cheapness so yes, I think you were overcharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

Buying ammo at any range is kind of silly , they know you need it and always over charge .

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the input. If the price reflected the ammo alone then I was overcharged but if it included a range fee then it makes it a little more clearer. Just have to wait on the cert and then fill my pockets before I go up!

Thanks again to all who contributed.;)

Advertisement