Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat repellant

• 05-12-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

The past two mornings I have woken to dead pigeon's at my front door. Tore to pieces, guts, feathers and blood everywhere. I don’t know what time its happening at, although there was nothing at 10 last night, or why it’s happening in my front garden. I’m assuming its cats as there are plenty in my area, mostly domestic ones.

Is there anything I can get to stop it happening, some sort of spray? I don’t want to poison them, just stop them from having their massacres on my doorstep.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It mightnt necessarily be cats...foxes could also be doing this. What about something like a motion sensor sprinkler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

anniehoo wrote: »
    It mightnt necessarily be cats...foxes could also be doing this.

I thought a fox would have brought it back to its den, although maybe it thinks my driveway is his new den :D

anniehoo wrote: »
    What about something like a motion sensor sprinkler

I dont want to spend a fortune, I thought there might be something I can mix up at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

There isn't really. Might not be cats - feathers everywhere and torn up might be a bird of prey - they pluck, eat their fill and then leave the carcass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Dancor wrote: »
    Is there anything I can get to stop it happening, some sort of spray? I don’t want to poison them, just stop them from having their massacres on my doorstep.

Plenty of Pet "Keep off" sprays on the market

PS - Poisoning of anything other then rodents is now illegal thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

There isn't really. Might not be cats - feathers everywhere and torn up might be a bird of prey - they pluck, eat their fill and then leave the carcass.

The only species likely in this urban situation would be a sparrow-hawk, and they typically bring their prey back to a favourite plucking post ,so I think it would be unlikely in this case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement