Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dublin team

• 05-12-2011 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Why has the dublin team not got players from outside the city league are they not givin a chance or do they not want to play for their county

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 THE WIZARD

They are not good enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Some of the borough league players are good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

THE WIZARD wrote: »

There's you're answer right there!! Arrogant and it's a click, if you're not in the click you're treated like an outsider!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

cityboy11 wrote: »
    Why has the dublin team not got players from outside the city league are they not givin a chance or do they not want to play for their county

The cap on County players per team in other leagues would have alot to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

And whats the cap on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Id say the standard of the South County league would be on a par if not better than the standard of the NCDL so that throws your argument out :D (Dont know about the Boro league as I never played in that league)

The cap that other leagues would have is that you can only sign 3 county players per team and play 2 of them on the night. I know quite a few players well capable of walking into that Dublin team but wont because of this rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 pitbull

i do remeber a few years ago that a borough league selection played a dublin selection and the borough league won quite comfortable home and away........please correct me if im wrong.... i know the borough played in CULA GAA club for their home game....... i think they are well good enough.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

pitbull wrote: »
    i do remeber a few years ago that a borough league selection played a dublin selection and the borough league won quite comfortable home and away........please correct me if im wrong.... i know the borough played in CULA GAA club for their home game....... i think they are well good enough.....

I think i could rustly up 5 or 6 players from the boro league that could make the dublin county panel, but they wont travel lads. They wont support the dublin opens. Even when they are on the doorstep in the tassie it is still the same faces that you see at these events.

it wasnt that long ago the boro had a few players on the panel for dublin, but new criteria has come into qualifying, and if you wanna make the team go play out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Dicie wrote: »
    I think i could rustly up 5 or 6 players from the boro league that could make the dublin county panel, but they wont travel lads. They wont support the dublin opens. Even when they are on the doorstep in the tassie it is still the same faces that you see at these events.

it wasnt that long ago the boro had a few players on the panel for dublin, but new criteria has come into qualifying, and if you wanna make the team go play out there.

your spot on dicie there is alot of talent in the borough but they wont travel, the dublin darts academy is going to be doing a bus out to the IPC events and to the dublin opens so hopefully it will get more lads out and show them the standard out there. i played for dublin last year and have traveled out to a good few dublin opens and went to my first IPC event last week..i also played in the NCDL last season so if i can do it anyone can they just need a kick to get them started

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

There should be trials every year or two, earn your spot on the team!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

There should be trials every year or two, earn your spot on the team!!

Trials? Like dublin opens maybe? They are there now.

I dont agree with the rule (or is it a rule) that you have to play in a certain league, dublin is a big place, plenty of big game players out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cityboy11

So players out side the city are not good enough and the dublin team is a click 1. Iv seen some very good players out side ncdl that are good enough 2. Iv heard this click thing before and not just players outside the city but i think if more players put themselfs out there it would do them no harm or the dublin team and if these players made the team we would have a class team 3. I have to say sorry to the bourgh league as ther is a player from your league didnt get his name but best of luck to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

cityboy11 wrote: »
    So players out side the city are not good enough and the dublin team is a click 1. Iv seen some very good players out side ncdl that are good enough 2. Iv heard this click thing before and not just players outside the city but i think if more players put themselfs out there it would do them no harm or the dublin team and if these players made the team we would have a class team 3. I have to say sorry to the bourgh league as ther is a player from your league didnt get his name but best of luck to him

His name is marc ennis, hes the borough league singles champ, a great player and should do really well on the dublin team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Atlantic501

The Dublin County team is open to all players, from all areas of Dublin. Any player who thinks he is good enough to play for Dublin can contact the Dublin County Board at any time, and will be notified of when the next Dublin County Board tournament is being held so they can turn up and show what they can do. This applies to Dublin players from any area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Big Brother180

that in your opinion your not speaking for all dart players in dublin GEORGES 8 won the leauge last year with the help of two super players shane and ste from the BOROUGH leauge and a few years ago another 2 super players bullet played and mick was signed for georges 8 all 4 were on the dublin team

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭joeker03

Played carlow in first match won 7-5 played laoise won 11-1 played wexford 6-6 toped the group by one point sunday played donegal (I) soc lost (2)jimmy had darts lost (3) glen dident get going lost (4) ryan played well bull finish won (5) alan tv darts won (6) collie lost (7) sean mc c had shot at double lost (8)terry lost (9) joe byrne played well won (10) joe kelly won (11) wezo lost that was 7-4 to them
    (12) liam mongey (13) anto wade ,match was 10 0c in morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 18ebhoy

How is the Dublin Panel picked for the inter counties and how many players are brought to the championship. I remember a few years back they had qualifiers for the panel ????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

They host Dublin opens now and again and you head down and show you can play. The Dublin county selectors run the tournaments.

I'm pretty sure Shane Ryan was on the Dublin team and may still be, but that's because he performed at Dublin Opens, I was there. Nothing to do with South or North, it just happens that a lot of the top players on the south do come to the NCDL.

If anyone thinks they are good enough, just keep an eye open for a Dublin Open and you can state your claim for a place. It's a tough ask. I've never made the third round of any Dublin Open, I've been drawn again the likes of Willie O C, Shane O C, Damien Driscoll etc in first rounds, it's tough but you have to be able to beat these guys to be thinking about county play.

You have to put yourself in eyesight of Brendan Barry and Dave Tansey and those lads who make the Dublin team happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 18ebhoy

They host Dublin opens now and again and you head down and show you can play. The Dublin county selectors run the tournaments.

I'm pretty sure Shane Ryan was on the Dublin team and may still be, but that's because he performed at Dublin Opens, I was there. Nothing to do with South or North, it just happens that a lot of the top players on the south do come to the NCDL.

If anyone thinks they are good enough, just keep an eye open for a Dublin Open and you can state your claim for a place. It's a tough ask. I've never made the third round of any Dublin Open, I've been drawn again the likes of Willie O C, Shane O C, Damien Driscoll etc in first rounds, it's tough but you have to be able to beat these guys to be thinking about county play.

You have to put yourself in eyesight of Brendan Barry and Dave Tansey and those lads who make the Dublin team happen.

Cheers !!! just wonderin .

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

I've often wondered how other counties selected their teams, that seems like a good way to do it,down here in kerry i think its a joke,i played the last few years but couldnt stomach going through the selection process again this year.
    2 years ago they ran trials for any interested players,sounds fine,only there was 16 trials in total,every second sunday for nearly 5 months!!
    same crack again last year,nearly resulted in divorce for me!esp when your trying to fit in IPC events and other tournaments in aswell, it broke my heart not to play this year,but there was no way i could (or would be allowed:rolleyes:)face 5 months of trials again.....
    i'd be very interested in hearing how other counties pick their teams, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Zinc1

I've often wondered how other counties selected their teams, that seems like a good way to do it,down here in kerry i think its a joke,i played the last few years but couldnt stomach going through the selection process again this year.
    2 years ago they ran trials for any interested players,sounds fine,only there was 16 trials in total,every second sunday for nearly 5 months!!
    same crack again last year,nearly resulted in divorce for me!esp when your trying to fit in IPC events and other tournaments in aswell, it broke my heart not to play this year,but there was no way i could (or would be allowed:rolleyes:)face 5 months of trials again.....

Matt ... You never played last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Zinc1

Zinc1 wrote: »

Kerry ran 8 trials this year. All of which were well run and by all accounts a great standard .

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

In Laois we hold 6 ranking tournaments during the year, you have to attend at least three - that combined with league form - that's how the team is picked! If a player keeps getting a top player in the first round, league form is taken into account too - not a bad system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Has anything like this ever been done before, say NCDL, South County Dublin League and DunLaoghaire Borough League all select a squad of their best players and challenge each other in a round robin format.

The Dublin selectors would get a chance then to see the best of what the other leagues have to offer aswel.

If this was done twice over the year, then you would get a good look at players who are unknown outside their leagues.

yes,your right about that....who's this anyway??:)

Kerry ran 8 trials this year. All of which were well run and by all accounts a great standard .

Theres no doubt that the standard was high,there are some serious players around at the moment.
    glad to hear that there was only 8 trials,that would be much more manageable for fellas with dart hating wives:o
    i'll be back if im welcome after slagging off the selection process.
    hopefully a few more "under the thumb" lads will re-appear aswell !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

Theres no doubt that the standard was high,there are some serious players around at the moment.
    glad to hear that there was only 8 trials,that would be much more manageable for fellas with dart hating wives:o
    i'll be back if im welcome after slagging off the selection process.
    hopefully a few more "under the thumb" lads will re-appear aswell !!!

Who are these "under the thumb" Kerry players then? Spill the beans Matt

Antoine56 wrote: »
    Who are these "under the thumb" Kerry players then? Spill the beans Matt

Well,i suppose i shouldnt name names on here, a few lads were put off in the past by the amount of trials(me probably more than most).
    there were 2 lads who played this year who didnt play last year because of the amount of trials,so reducing it down to 8 trials has already seen 2 "under the thumb" players return

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭joeker03

WELL DONE TO THE DUBLIN YOUTHS 2012 ALL IRLELAND CHAMPIONS
    LOOKING GOOD FOR THE FUTURE OF DUBLIN DARTS

• Advertisement
Advertisement