Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"the Ego" in scientific terms

• 05-12-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Interesting video posted in the A & A forum which basically gives a neurological explanation for the phenomenon referred to as "the Ego", and in effect outlines the benefits of meditation.

I re-posted it in the Buddhism forum but wasn't sure if everyone here checks that out, but it is a really fascinating video so I thought it was worth sharing - apologies to the mods if this is in breach of the rules, but I genuinely believe it is something well, well worth watching.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

The corruption in ego results corruption in human behavior resulting injustice in human actions...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Omentum

Fascinating. "Neurons, the gateways to Heaven"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Balance ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

By the way, I don't think "God is in the Neurons" is the greatest title for this video.

I think anyone, can become more open watching it, athiests, agnostics - hardcore christians.

There is absolutely no mention of "God" in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

waveform wrote: »
    By the way, I don't think "God is in the Neurons" is the greatest title for this video.

I think anyone, can become more open watching it, athiests, agnostics - hardcore christians.

There is absolutely no mention of "God" in the video.

I completely agree.

The video is not without its irony; it appears to attempt to dispel the validity of spiritual beliefs, but it completely reinforces what [much of] spiritual philosophy says about the Ego and the practice of meditation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement