Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget 2012

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 solareclipse

Could someone help me with this....I'm a 29 year old widow with 2 kids (one with autism).
    With the increase in needed credits for contributory pension, is that only for new applicants in 2013...or could I possibly lose my pension if I don't have enough credit for the new requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

So me being 28 and on disability allowance means I won't be getting a reduction every week? That's weird. If everyone else is getting a reduced amount then why shouldn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

seanybiker wrote: »
    So me being 28 and on disability allowance means I won't be getting a reduction every week? That's weird. If everyone else is getting a reduced amount then why shouldn't I?

Coz politicians are never fair...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Everyone else isn't going to be getting a reduced allowance.
    Those already in receipt of the payment wont be afftected. Its just for NEW claimants.
    Its a reduction inline with the rates of payment for those on Jobseeker's Allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im on a CE scheme and also on Illness benefit, my contract/roll-over date for my 3rd year is Feb, so does that mean I keep my double payment til my roll-over date and then if my contract is rolled over I will be starting as NEW so will then lose double payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 auddem

Im on a CE scheme and claim illness benefit.
    I my contract/roll over for a 3rd year is in Feb.
    Im assuming I keep both payments till my roll over date and then if I do roll over
    I'll have to sign a new contract so will I be classed as NEW and one of my payments stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭paddydu

you will be ok until Feb 3rd then when you start your new contract your you will lose illness benefit altogether and be classed a CE scheme participant and receive 208e p/w. I am on disability allowance and have decided not to start a CE scheme again because of this. In other words you will be working for nothing virtually. If you like the scheme and you are learning something that you would like to do after as a career then it would be worth it.
    Good luck

I was thinking thats what would happen all right paddydu.
    I think Id give up the CE. :(

Theres a big community march on the Dail tomorrow arriving at 2pm.

There is no way they will reverse their decision on cuts to community employment. this is not a labour policy it is totally fine gael. they were talking about this over a year ago before they got into power. You have to remember that they are really a right wing party and none of their TDs would have experienced poverty,lack of education or opportunity. They would tend to look down on the working class or should I say working poor and poverty unemployed. I cant get a job! and now they have closed a door on one of the only ways i could get back into employment. I will have to turn to the black market and crime if I want to get out of the poverty trap. The CE is scheme was a great chance for me to earn 155e more than my welfare (disability allowance) this would have enabled me to pay my childrens maintenance and payed for my Nursing course next year. Now if I were to do a CE scheme I would actually be 23 to 40e worse off a week so I aint going to be doing that. How detached these people are that are in power is frightening, they simply dont care and very dishonest, just look at the lies they told to get in power ( check out their manifesto) I'll never ever vote Fine Gael again!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

paddydu
    Have you signed a CE contract already ???

I was talking to someone earlier who said that anyone with an existing contract
    will hold onto their extra payments for the full term they are on CE its just NEW participants
    who wont keep payment.

Thats right but when your 12 month contract runs out and your employer renews it, it will count as a new contract so be careful and make sure you check with welfare before you sign up for another year what exactly will happen to your welfare payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Posters are reminded to read the forum charter. This is NOT a forum for criticising the Government or Government Departments. If you wish to discuss policy decisions by the Government, please take the discussion to Politics forum.

sorry forgot in the heat of the moment

Advertisement