Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet (3G)

• 05-12-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭

I'm on the verge of purchasing a tablet.
    I'm now wondering on what the ramifications (cost!) of going 3G are. I know that a 3G tablet will be more expensive, but that's just the initial one-off cost.
    At home I have an Eircom setup so Wifi there is fine and that will be the tablet's home for 90% of the time. For the other 10%, I'm wondering what is the cheapest way to achieve 3G, i.e do I need to buy a SIM card and pay monthly (which may not be value for money) or is there an option where I only pay for what I use? Incidentally, this 10% will be equally split between here and Europe (England, Germany.) Thanks in advance, and hope I'm in the right forum!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Do you have an android phone? If so then you can use your data allowance as a wifi hotspot that your tab can connect to when you're out and about so it doesn't cost you any extra per month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭jacool

Ballyman wrote: »
    Do you have an android phone? If so then you can use your data allowance as a wifi hotspot that your tab can connect to when you're out and about so it doesn't cost you any extra per month
    Thanks.
    I don't, but herself does, but its pay as you go, so no data allowance there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

You better have a look at this then for your wifes phone and that's you sorted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭jacool

thanks again, I'll look into that.

Advertisement