Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice Episode 10

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

As Shelflife mentioned Bill is only interested in the investment at this stage, the show is a joke. Fair enough the contestants were rubbish and that made for comedy gold, but under all that there was the prospect of a new business startup to the best candidate. Cullen mentioned last night that he was making his decision based on what happened in previous tasks, surely she performed better then the other two. Her idea was for corporate catering, Bill sees the reductions in corporate budgets and thats why she was fired and the only reason. Bill is in financial difficulties so in some ways you can't blame him, but it wouldn't happen in the UK version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Shots of Eugene telling us how "Conor" is out of his depth is getting a bit tiresome now.
    Didn't like Conor at the start but at this stage if it was a regular job it's him you'd be hiring over any of the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

if it was a regular job it's him you'd be hiring over any of the rest of them.

You would need to have a lifetime supply of ear plugs though - he has the worst speaking voice ever....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

You would need to have a lifetime supply of ear plugs though - he has the worst speaking voice ever....

It'll break soon surely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Wasn't exactly a big fan of Sandra but theres no way she should have gone over the other two, particularly that airhead Maurice.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Its based purely on whatever business Bill wants to invest in. The fact that Maurice didn't even have a plan before he entered wouldn't exactly instill confidence.

I'm glad its being scrapped. Its just embarassing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The fact that Maurice didn't even have a plan before he entered wouldn't exactly instill confidence.

I didn't know that. If he didn't have a plan, he shouldn't have been left in imo.

And on another note, do Irish Apprentice viewers think the programme should be bought back to an hour, just like the UK and USA apprentice?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    And on another note, do Irish Apprentice viewers think the programme should be bought back to an hour, just like the UK and USA apprentice?
    I thought the programme running for 1hr 20mins was to account for ad breaks? I often watch it on tv3 player, and it's just over an hour then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

missbelle wrote: »
    I thought the programme running for 1hr 20mins was to account for ad breaks? I often watch it on tv3 player, and it's just over an hour then :cool:

You have a point there. I forgot they are no ad's on the BBC. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    You have a point there. I forgot they are no ad's on the BBC. :o

That said, the Apprentice don't quite take the p*ss as much as the X Factor, ads wise :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

In all fairness I liked Conor's idea with the dog it was more original. Joanne did well with the directing but Conor's input in the task was really good he put in a good effort. He really does try his best. Himself and Noel have been the most consistent.

Their ideas in the end worked in Conor's team's favour, but only for the phone in Maurice's team that brought them to their knees! Faux pas! Think Maurice could have been the mother in his advert he would have sounded better! Think they were right to scrap Sandra's voice over, Maurice's was better for the ad.

Eh Sandra and Brian.....:eek: aww a crush! :o

I was surprised that Sandra went was sure Maurice or Noel might go but Sandra took a back seat. Of course it was on Maurice's head and Noel's perhaps has they both ran the show regarding the advert and just took over. Then again they put more effort into the task than Sandra though she didn't really speak up and stand up to them. Then again Maurice and Noel were honest really when it came to the boardroom as they described Sandra that's exactly what happened during the task despite them taking over the reins she still took a back seat just cause she didn't want to be abrupt!

Either Maurice, Noel or Conor to win! Joanne a bit of a control freak despite being a hard worker, Eugene a bit of a snake in the grass he a bit sneaky I think!

Loving the whole Maurice and Noel bonding going on! It was class that the team that won got to go to lanzarote!

Oh Maurice he some cheeky boy in the 'Behind the Scene's' show! How did he manage to bring those things in and embarrass poor Conor! What was he doing with a bottle of that stuff...he a married man lol. Good pranks by the way by both Noel, Maurice and Conor!

Poor Joanne in an all boys house....she is well able for them! Looking forward to the final.
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

omerin wrote: »
    Bill is in financial difficulties so in some ways you can't blame him, but it wouldn't happen in the UK version

The UK version was the exact same this year. You could spot the winner a mile off, simply because he was an inventor who had already made something that had made loads of money - Tom was always going to win.

Advertisement