Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprung a Leak!

Options
  • 05-12-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi there,
    We have a small leak upstairs in the main bathroom which has led to a beautiful watermark on the living room ceiling. Am fairly certain its either the waste water outlet underneath the sink or the feed from the tank in the hotpress.
    Have tried the plumbers on the links page, but they are all up to their eyes servicing boilers, etc and cant get out for a few days, plus, am not sure its really a plumbing job as most of the work will rewquire either pulling bathroom tiles or ceiling plasterboard out.
    Does anyone have any numbers of tradesman that can have a look at this - am reluctant to go pulling up tiles / plasterboard myself, would rather leave it to the experts.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Are you sure you tried all the Plumbers:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

daveco23 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    We have a small leak upstairs in the main bathroom which has led to a beautiful watermark on the living room ceiling. Am fairly certain its either the waste water outlet underneath the sink or the feed from the tank in the hotpress.
    Have tried the plumbers on the links page, but they are all up to their eyes servicing boilers, etc and cant get out for a few days, plus, am not sure its really a plumbing job as most of the work will rewquire either pulling bathroom tiles or ceiling plasterboard out.
    Does anyone have any numbers of tradesman that can have a look at this - am reluctant to go pulling up tiles / plasterboard myself, would rather leave it to the experts.
    Thanks.

I've had a similar problems..

First was the seal around the bath...

And secondly was the taps at the bath letting water down through where the muppet of a fitter cut a hole out for the tap rather on the large side and the rubber washer wasn't any use now so the next best thing was used... Tec 7..!!

Problem fixed....!

P.S. whilst I had the side of the bath off I noticed the legs of the bath was hardly supporting the bath..!:eek:

F*%kin bandits...!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I've had a similar problems..

First was the seal around the bath...

And secondly was the taps at the bath letting water down through where the muppet of a fitter cut a hole out for the tap rather on the large side and the rubber washer wasn't any use now so the next best thing was used... Tec 7..!!

Problem fixed....!

P.S. whilst I had the side of the bath off I noticed the legs of the bath was hardly supporting the bath..!:eek:

F*%kin bandits...!!
    I feel your pain

My own house was built by Durkan who also built much of Charlesland.
    I have had many issues with my home, including bad wiring, poor insulation, bad finish and all of the above plumbing problems too!

Advertisement