Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Garda Station to be closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Just announced on RTE News that Rush is among 4 Dublin Met stations to close. Thoughts?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1205/garda-stations.pdf

Fcking scandelous. The local Gardai do a good job despite a lack of resources. Rush now has a population of just 10,000 so I cant understand where the logic is.

We hear people moan about anti-social behaviour on here and other forums but perhaps had had complaints been made to stations and area HQ in writing we might not be in this situation.

To me it just sounds like we are being screwed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Jaysus I have seriously underestimated the size of rush. I would have guessed 4000 people tops. Are the resources being spread around local stations, or are they just going to be spread even thinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Just announced on RTE News that Rush is among 4 Dublin Met stations to close. Thoughts?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1205/garda-stations.pdf

My first thought is; how often is it open anyway?

My second thought is; when it is open, how often do we see Gardai walking the main street or about the town.

Maybe I just am not around the town enough...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mad, i used to spend many a week staying in the house behind the station about 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

How far is the next station ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

Lusk if its still there Skerries then Balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Lusk station is still operational and I thought the hours were split between Rush and Lusk.

Am I right in saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Strange how they close the rush one but keep the Lusk one open when Rush has a bigger population than skerries (as far as I remember from the last census).The Lusk building is bigger though so that may be a factor.

In theory though how often was it open sure it may as well have been closed considering the level of anti socail behaviour that has gone on in kenure woods right across the road from it as one example.

Maybe we might see more guards walking around the town. Any time it was open for a two hour window there was harldy anyone there.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Jaysus I have seriously underestimated the size of rush. I would have guessed 4000 people tops. Are the resources being spread around local stations, or are they just going to be spread even thinner?

I think we have about 400 more than Skerries and a slightly more again than Lusk.
    dcr22B wrote: »
    Lusk station is still operational and I thought the hours were split between Rush and Lusk.

Am I right in saying that?

Yes the hours were split from what I heard.
    Strange how they close the rush one but keep the Lusk one open when Rush has a bigger population than skerries (as far as I remember from the last census).The Lusk building is bigger though so that may be a factor.

In theory though how often was it open sure it may as well have been closed considering the level of anti socail behaviour that has gone on in kenure woods right across the road from it as one example.

Maybe we might see more guards walking around the town. Any time it was open for a two hour window there was harldy anyone there.

Rush is on a Peninsulia so maybe that has something to do with it. To escape yopu have to go through Lusk or Skerries
    There are Gardái in Rush every day from what I can see. But they are not al;ways in marked cars. I see them on patrol around Rush at 5AM most mornings

A guard walking around the town would be good to see and is good for locals to mix and say hello but there is a huge amount of paper work even with that Pulse system and this is why its hard to get anyone in as they have so much form filling to do and this often means they are out calling to local to have forms signed or confirm an address. Silly Stuff all that paper work in this day and age

You think its bad now wait until Feb when the exedous starts due to pension situation.

Could never understand why experienced Gardái were were never let be phased out and have them doing the paper work and let the young Gardái out on the street where we can see them. Both Gardái organisation have called for something along these lines and an increase in the retirement age. Was on Pat Kenny last week where a retired Asst Commissioner took a case and lost.

Maybe Alan Kelly will explain why this is happening to Rush......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Jimdagym wrote: »

I recommend you pop down when the weather is nice and go a wandering around the town.:D Plenty of little side estates that quickly build the population figures up.

Rush Population 2011 Census - 9,207 persons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Theres a surprise for me anyway, Skerries had 8300 approx in the census. Always thought it was around 15K

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For a true reflection of the Skerries population you need to take the figures for Skerries (8344) & Holmpatrick (3218) - Total: 11562.

Now, back on topic to the Rush Garda station issue... ;)

Political Reaction to the Closure.

Fingal Indo

Tuesday December 13 2011

A POLITICAL dogfight to dish out the blame for the closure of Rush Garda Station and the reduction in hours at the station at Malahide has broken out between local Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil representatives.
    Senator Darragh O'brien fired the first salvo in the row describing the decision to close Rush Garda Station and 'severely restrict' the hours operated at the Malahide station as ' totally unnecessary'. Senator O'brien said: ' The 38 Gardaí working in Malahide Garda Station are serving over 25,000 people in Malahide, Kinsealy and Portmarnock. 'Cutting back the operating hours of the station is a retrograde step and it means for the first time in the history of the State that Malahide will be without a 24/7 Garda presence. '
    He added: ' The decision to close the Garda Station in Rush also shows a complete lack of vision on the part of the Government. ' The population in Rush has grown to over 8,000 and North County Dublin remains a large and growing area for families.' Slamming his constituency rival, Senator O'brien said: 'Fine Gael Deputy Alan Farrell recently issued a statement saying he was delighted to be appointed to the Justice Committee. ' The people of Malahide, Kinsealy and Portmarknock have a right to know what he has been doing and is going to do to ensure the people of these communities are protected.
    'With no Gardaí based in Rush and a part-time Garda presence in Malahide station how can Deputy Farrell, Minister Reilly and the Government stand over this decision.' But Deputy Farrell put the blame for the changes on what he called the 'regrettable legacy of the previous Government'. Deputy Farrell expressed his ' disappointment' that Malahide Garda Station is to be manned on a part time basis. He also expressed his 'incredulity' at the response by Fianna Fáil Senator, Darragh O'brien, to the announcement. He said: 'I am surprised by the reaction of Fianna Fail's Darragh O'brien to the policing changes.
    'His displeasure with this situation is understandable but, given his role in the destruction of our economy and the failure of successive governments led by his party to rationalise the delivery of public services, he should be aiming his criticism closer to home.' Deputy Farrell said: 'While these changes are far from ideal they are a direct reflection of our current economic situation.'
    'Malahide has a thriving pub scene and is a hub of activity, especially at the weekend. As things stand, Malahide will be reliant on Swords Garda station after 10pm. This is far from ideal for Gardaí and members of the public both in Malahide and Swords.' But he argued the policing in Rush would not suffer significantly from station closure. ' There will be no reduction in Gardaí serving the Rush and Lusk area, despite the closure of Rush Garda Station.'

Political Reaction to the Closure.
    Tuesday December 13 2011

A POLITICAL dogfight to dish out the blame for the closure of Rush Garda Station and the reduction in hours at the station at Malahide has broken out between local Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil representatives.
    Senator Darragh O'brien fired the first salvo in the row describing the decision to close Rush Garda Station and 'severely restrict' the hours operated at the Malahide station as ' totally unnecessary'. Senator O'brien said: ' The 38 Gardaí working in Malahide Garda Station are serving over 25,000 people in Malahide, Kinsealy and Portmarnock. 'Cutting back the operating hours of the station is a retrograde step and it means for the first time in the history of the State that Malahide will be without a 24/7 Garda presence. '
    He added: ' The decision to close the Garda Station in Rush also shows a complete lack of vision on the part of the Government. ' The population in Rush has grown to over 8,000 and North County Dublin remains a large and growing area for families.' Slamming his constituency rival, Senator O'brien said: 'Fine Gael Deputy Alan Farrell recently issued a statement saying he was delighted to be appointed to the Justice Committee. ' The people of Malahide, Kinsealy and Portmarknock have a right to know what he has been doing and is going to do to ensure the people of these communities are protected.
    'With no Gardaí based in Rush and a part-time Garda presence in Malahide station how can Deputy Farrell, Minister Reilly and the Government stand over this decision.' But Deputy Farrell put the blame for the changes on what he called the 'regrettable legacy of the previous Government'. Deputy Farrell expressed his ' disappointment' that Malahide Garda Station is to be manned on a part time basis. He also expressed his 'incredulity' at the response by Fianna Fáil Senator, Darragh O'brien, to the announcement. He said: 'I am surprised by the reaction of Fianna Fail's Darragh O'brien to the policing changes.
    'His displeasure with this situation is understandable but, given his role in the destruction of our economy and the failure of successive governments led by his party to rationalise the delivery of public services, he should be aiming his criticism closer to home.' Deputy Farrell said: 'While these changes are far from ideal they are a direct reflection of our current economic situation.'
    'Malahide has a thriving pub scene and is a hub of activity, especially at the weekend. As things stand, Malahide will be reliant on Swords Garda station after 10pm. This is far from ideal for Gardaí and members of the public both in Malahide and Swords.' But he argued the policing in Rush would not suffer significantly from station closure. ' There will be no reduction in Gardaí serving the Rush and Lusk area, despite the closure of Rush Garda Station.'

Fingal Indo

Its quite obvious Mr Farrell is vry far removed from the day to day goings on In North Dublin.

Rush has a good Garda station with manned by people who I have dealth with on many occasions as they were as pro active as they could in giving talks to youth groups and attending local coaching sessions to chat with the kids.

I said here only a while back I have sen a Garda walking up and down the street and it was very much noticed by locals especially elderly folk. Rush has experienced some difficulties with the big change in demographics over the last number of years and the population growth and if Mr. Farrell, elected to represent our best interests thinks it will make no difference he needs to take his head from a** before he chokes on the gas. For him to start the "It was your fault" with Darragh O'Brien is just schoolboy antics. Dont see Enda Kenny or his muppetts doing much to call certain white collar people to task as he promised he would, Maybe he should ask himself why F.G. were kept out for so long!!

Malahide, a major tourist hub having reduced hours is also silly considering the amount of people who visit there especially on week end nights.

Mr Farrell the people of Rush have got another slap in the face and it wont be forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Rush is a station that is rented by the Gardaí whereas Lusk station is owned by the Gardaí. I think that is the fundamental reason why the Rush station closed and the Lusk station remains open.

Rented from who? I think this would be a very feeble excuse. Its built on the site of the old station so was this ground sold?

Just back from meeting which was informative. Inspector Yeats done a good job explaining what is happening on 29th of April and how things will procede.

Combined with the new Garda roster they reckon will be better served, which I find incredible. Between retirement due to pension situation, natural wastage and the embargo on taking in new recruits the service has to diminish with the numbers shrinking.

Rush community council stated the fears of many local people especially the elderley with the closure. Also stating anti-social behaviour as a problem. The scouts den recently had €30,000 worth of damage done to it and it is approx 200 feet from Garda station the wood where the scout den is situated is or has become a Haven for underage drinking. A guarentee was given by Inspector Yeats to meet scout leaders. In fairness it was also statedthat most locals get on well with the local Gardáiand are reasonaably happy with the service despite reduced hours.

No could say who made the decision to close Rush but its silly and cant be justified as the costs are so low

LeoB wrote: »
    Just back from meeting which was informative. Inspector Yeats done a good job explaining what is happening on 29th of April and how things will procede.

Combined with the new Garda roster they reckon will be better served, which I find incredible. Between retirement due to pension situation, natural wastage and the embargo on taking in new recruits the service has to diminish with the numbers shrinking.

Rush community council stated the fears of many local people especially the elderley with the closure. Also stating anti-social behaviour as a problem. The scouts den recently had €30,000 worth of damage done to it and it is approx 200 feet from Garda station the wood where the scout den is situated is or has become a Haven for underage drinking. A guarentee was given by Inspector Yeats to meet scout leaders. In fairness it was also statedthat most locals get on well with the local Gardáiand are reasonaably happy with the service despite reduced hours.

No could say who made the decision to close Rush but its silly and cant be justified as the costs are so low

Will Lusk be opened 24 hours for definate? I notice in the press Inspector Yates was quoted when discussing the 24 hour Lusk station using the words "likely" and "probable". Two very open words to use.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/meeting-to-discuss-closure-of-rush-garda-station-3047863.html

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/closure-of-rush-garda-station-a-major-concern-3033132.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

What about the comment
    He explained that the stations in Lusk and Rush currently run on a 'complimentary basis' and when one is open, the other one is shot with officers serving in Lusk and Rush, familiar with the set-up of both stations.

I set out last Sat, to find a garda to sign a form, first stop Lusk, closed no opening times, second stop Rush, closed no info on hours, ended up in Balbriggan, open.

So the notion of ''complimentary opening hours'' is misleading, or has anyone a different opinion.

Finally 24 hrs a day in Lusk, not a chance, surely the station is too small, are there any holding cells, we'll see

Will Lusk be opened 24 hours for definate? I notice in the press Inspector Yates was quoted when discussing the 24 hour Lusk station using the words "likely" and "probable". Two very open words to use.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/meeting-to-discuss-closure-of-rush-garda-station-3047863.html

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/closure-of-rush-garda-station-a-major-concern-3033132.html[/QUOTE]

Two very much used words in the political world and without a guarentee we should be worried. I believe what Inspector Yeats told us but I dont trust the people who make the decisions, some Civil servant who quite obviously knows fck all about the area.
    martinn123 wrote: »
    What about the comment

I set out last Sat, to find a garda to sign a form, first stop Lusk, closed no opening times, second stop Rush, closed no info on hours, ended up in Balbriggan, open.

So the notion of ''complimentary opening hours'' is misleading, or has anyone a different opinion.
    The idea of complimentary opening hours is fine by me, WHEN they have enough people on duty to cover the stations
    Finally 24 hrs a day in Lusk, not a chance, surely the station is too small, are there any holding cells, we'll see

So it could be probable that in the "interim" Gardái will operate from Balbriggan. There are I believe 2 holding cells in Lusk Station

The bottom line is Rush has been dumped on again by a goverment party. we have 12 premises in the town that can serve alcohol, we have 7 other places that serve alcohol, Rush has a big population spread over a wide town space yet Rush is closed, mind boggling who made this decision and with decisions like this its no wonder there is a nationwide alcohol problem.

In fairness to Rush Community Council who had reps there they put an excellent case forward and the members spoke very well and passionatley and complimented the good work done by the local Gardái with very limited resources.

Another concern I havve which I raised was, we have already lost a number of Gardái who retired in February. Now with the Gardái under the scope of this E.U Working time act (average 48week) and natural wastage where are the Gardái going to come from to man either station?

On an earlier question who owned the premises where Rush garda station is? From what I gathered last night it is owned by Dept of Justice but once the Gardái vacate it the OPW will take it over.

And finally, The one thing that really got me was the bashing our youth got when we have a small number causing mayhem. I see around Rush and other Fingal towns some great young people we should be very proud of. and its sad to see a few are getting them a bad name

• Advertisement

Hope it was like the closure of some of the military barracks.
    The Commanding Officer lowers the flag, Officers and Men, then form up and march out the Gate, with a Band, etc etc, and march for the last time down the main st, or did they just go for a pint, and pull the door closed behind them.

Having listened to Ger Doran on News today it will be interesting to see how his comments go down about the minister and political appointments to any rank above Superintendant.

Its looking obvious that a ot of decisions are been taken by Civil servents who would have no experience of policing matters or the value the Gardái are in local communities. With no recruits in Templemore I dread to think the mess our strets could be in after a year with more retirements and the European working time act being implimented.

It is a sad day to think we have no "local" Gardái

So here we are a year down the road and we are surviving but the service to locals is just appalling and I think it will get worse.

It seems from events in Sligo this week these stations were closed by Garda commissioner, a political appointment. But his budget has been cut in general cutbacks like all other departments. Either way the station is still closed. It also appears to me there is less patrols this past while back.

Now Im away to send s good luck card to the people who walked out of the AGSI conference who were not only expressing their concerns about their positions but also the many communities who have been hit by the closures.

I have to agree with LeoB, comments above.

Reading back on the thread can I refer to the statement from Insp. Yeates
    He has said that it is now likely that Lusk station will operate a 24-hour service to compensate for the loss of the station in Rush.

I posted at the time this was unlikely and this is in fact the case.

Lusk is rarely open, any time I pass it, I am not in Lusk during the daytime, so maybe someone can fill me in if its open during the day, to me it's a place for a patrol to call into and boil a kettle, while in the area, nothing else
    We are patrolled from balbriggan
    The closures in my view were ordered by Minister Shatter, who then hides behind the Commissioner, who has operational control, bit like Harney hiding behind the HSE if bad news is announced.

The actions by the AGSI this week, shows up the low morale and disaster this Minister has been for the force......and we in DCN are suffering as a result.

I have to agree with LeoB, comments above.

Lusk is rarely open, any time I pass it, I am not in Lusk during the daytime, so maybe someone can fill me in if its open during the day, to me it's a place for a patrol to call into and boil a kettle, while in the area, nothing else
    The closures in my view were ordered by Minister Shatter, who then hides behind the Commissioner, who has operational control, bit like Harney hiding behind the HSE if bad news is announced.

The actions by the AGSI this week, shows up the low morale and disaster this Minister has been for the force......and we in DCN are suffering as a result.

I have to say I agree with Minister Shatter tackling the Garda, no service should be sacred from budget cuts in these difficult times. The fact is the majority of Garda are very well paid when the complex list of entitlements covered by Justice McCrory(sp?) are added in. Before even the Celtic Tiger was a cub if a Garda walked into a bank to get a loan they had no problem getting it because it was seen as a golden job to have. While the rest of us have to work well into our 60s or 70s, a Garda can retire after 25 years service on still what is a very good pension.

The problem is that the Garda have grown accustomed to spending above their means because wages never went down and now that they have to pull back on their lifestyles this has gone down like a lead balloon. What may be adding to this anger is that when you are declared bankrupt you must leave the Garda and if the rumours about the extent of borrowing from the Garda Credit Union are to be believed many Garda are already on the edge. Maybe someone else knows of a credit union that you can text for a loan and then get an approval text without having to sit down and go through a formal approval process. I acknowledge that Garda put their lives on the line but don't our boys and girls in the IDF do the same. Maybe someone can tell us how much an equilvant rank in the IDF earns compared to the Garda?

The US is deploying Drones over the USA, I am sure we will be doing the same in the next 20 years. Times move on, even before the cuts we only had one patrol car at night patrolling North Fingal dealing with mainly drunks spilling from the pubs and clubs. The Day shift were only glorified clerks.

Looking at the stats, drink and drugs were the main crime problems dealt with by the Rush Garda Station. The Primetime episode during the week on alcohol advertisement was a real eye opener to the PaddyWackery drink culture in Ireland these days. Ireland many sporting institutions seems to have fallen under the spell of alcohol sales and advertisement as a way to generate club revenue. While Ireland in the days of the black and white tv was often associated with heavy drinking. What's often forgotten is that up to 42% of the population were tea-totallers. It's nowhere near that now. IMHO what would help the hard pressed emergency Services would be either a complete ban on alcohol in the state or restrictions on alcohol products but pigs will fly before that happens. Garda cut backs are a symptom not the problem.

I have to say I agree with Minister Shatter tackling the Garda, no service should be sacred from budget cuts in these difficult times. The fact is the majority of Garda are very well paid when the complex list of entitlements covered by Justice McCrory(sp?) are added in. Before even the Celtic Tiger was a cub if a Garda walked into a bank to get a loan they had no problem getting it because it was seen as a golden job to have. While the rest of us have to work well into our 60s or 70s, a Garda can retire after 25 years service on still what is a very good pension.
    Excellent post Cardinal but just a few things.
    Yes Gardái are well paid and from what I see on the streets especially in Dublin they deserve every penny of it. The sh1t they are taking from drunks and spoilt brats is just appalling. It was not only Gardái who could walk into a bank and get a loan. If you were in the right Golf club or Rugby club you got what you wanted while others like me and maybe you had to produce a heap of paper work.
    The problem is that the Garda have grown accustomed to spending above their means because wages never went down and now that they have to pull back on their lifestyles this has gone down like a lead balloon. What may be adding to this anger is that when you are declared bankrupt you must leave the Garda and if the rumours about the extent of borrowing from the Garda Credit Union are to be believed many Garda are already on the edge. Maybe someone else knows of a credit union that you can text for a loan and then get an approval text without having to sit down and go through a formal approval process. I acknowledge that Garda put their lives on the line but don't our boys and girls in the IDF do the same. Maybe someone can tell us how much an equilvant rank in the IDF earns compared to the Garda?

The US is deploying Drones over the USA, I am sure we will be doing the same in the next 20 years. Times move on, even before the cuts we only had one patrol car at night patrolling North Fingal dealing with mainly drunks spilling from the pubs and clubs. The Day shift were only glorified clerks.

Looking at the stats, drink and drugs were the main crime problems dealt with by the Rush Garda Station. The Primetime episode during the week on alcohol advertisement was a real eye opener to the PaddyWackery drink culture in Ireland these days. Ireland many sporting institutions seems to have fallen under the spell of alcohol sales and advertisement as a way to generate club revenue. While Ireland in the days of the black and white tv was often associated with heavy drinking. What's often forgotten is that up to 42% of the population were tea-totallers. It's nowhere near that now. IMHO what would help the hard pressed emergency Services would be either a complete ban on alcohol in the state or restrictions on alcohol products but pigs will fly before that happens. Garda cut backs are a symptom not the problem.

I find it incredible that anyone can text for a loan, Gardái like many of us have had serious surgery to their pay over the last 3 years but again this is being twisted and I believe the major issue is not giving them the resources to their jobs which is what any law abiding citizen wants.

This time 12 - 18 months ago it was unusual not to pass a patrol car on our Main st between 5am and 5.15 when I would be going to work. Often 2 or 3 cars would be around between Rush, Skerries and Balbriggan. They dealt fairly swiftly with anti-social behavior not to far from where I live on a few occasions and when complaints were made by me a number of residents in this area they acted on it but more importantly they were a good security presence. This is not the case anymore. The problem with drink is nationwide and while I am involved in sports and youth groups that would benefit from sponsorship this is a bit of a smoke screen. We send our kids to shops for Milk, sugar or bread and they have to pass all the special offers on crates of beer. I would put very little blame on clubs raising revenue. The 2 clubs I am familiar with that have bars are as responsible and better ran that quite a few pubs in NCD. It is firstly up to US parents to educate our children on alcohol. There imo should be a programme in schools to further educate teens about alcohol and drugs, we can bring them skiing, and to visit many European cities and museums but cant afford to put money into educating them.

The minister has hidden behind the commissioner and in turn he sent out Sargent s and Inspectors to local communities to "Spin" which is what we got at the meeting in Rush.

You raise serious points re alcohol, drug use which appears to growing at quite a rate but instead of giving the Gardái the resources to tackle the issue in his wisdom Mr (Shafter) Shatter made serious cutbacks. Taking the Garda numbers are due to decrease by another 1,000 what is lying ahead of us. Listening to Morning Ireland today I believe the minister and Garda commissioner have not only lost the backing of a large number of the force but of the wider public.

I really fear for the future of this country and especially rural communities.

Maybe someone else knows of a credit union that you can text for a loan and then get an approval text without having to sit down and go through a formal approval process.
    LeoB wrote: »
    I find it incredible that anyone can text for a loan,

Much to my amazement I see in the Rush Community news in an ad placed by Rush Credit Union........ wait for it... If you are a member you can Text in for a loan. Im not very up to date on phones but I am sure this is an iPhone app where you can download an application form.

To put into the media Gardái can text for a loan is mischievous when this is obviously open to most credit unions RTE playing games trying to stir it up? Poor research, just like they done on Sean Gallagher viz his fundraising. Wonder will Mr Shatter be available for Sean O'Rourke for a grilling on news or will the have to settle for more Labour canon fodder?

martinn123 wrote:

Quote:
    He has said that it is now likely that Lusk station will operate a 24-hour service to compensate for the loss of the station in Rush.

Just to follow up on this comment, this weekend I tried to find Lusk Station open, to get some Doc's signed.
    A sign at the door gives opening hours as 8am-10am and 5pm-7pm Monday-Sat

So off I go this morning at 8-30am, the lights are on, but no-one home.

Herself decides to phone, Lusk, to see if anyone there.

''Hello, Balbriggan Gardai''

Ah Yea, the lads are out, tell you what, call around 12 noon, as there is a change of shift, and you might get the Guy's signing off, or the Guy's coming on shift.

Whats the point of having opening hours on display, just change it to ''Open when staff available''

• Advertisement

So just to update my post^^

The OH goes down to station at 12 noon, and finds a Garda on duty.
    Says, the Hubby was here at 8-30am and no one here.

''We don't answer the Door Bell, any more, the station is basically closed to the Public, we use it as an office, obviously, and to take a break, have a cuppa, but we don't answer the bell''

So if you are looking for a Garda at Lusk station, they confirmed, call at 12 noon, only, as they will be handing over the Car, to the new shift.

Where now the Inspectors comments as reported here that the Station, is likely, or probably, will be open 24 hours...........it's feckin closed...........

Local T/D's or Councillors, any comment on this???

Advertisement