Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Garda Station to be closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Another update, 5-30pm Thurs, we have a Garda patrolling the town on a bike.

First time I have seen this in Lusk, and I think its great.

He can talk to the youth who hang around the Village Store,/ Supervalue and keep an eye out for Underage purchasing of Alcohol.

While attending a function in Murrays a few weeks ago, I noticed a large congregation of young people in Murrays car park, about 9pm. Something was being organised, so a Garda presence, literally, on the Ground can keep a close eye on what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Worrying turn for the people of Rush especially residents of the area and no police station in the town.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/threat-to-burn-ministers-home-over-abortion-bill-29355428.html

It would be more reassuring to local residents if JR can confirm that he has notified the Garda and supplied them with the evidence of threats so they can apprehend the person in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Worrying turn for the people of Rush especially residents of the area and no police station in the town.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/threat-to-burn-ministers-home-over-abortion-bill-29355428.html

It would be more reassuring to local residents if JR can confirm that he has notified the Garda and supplied them with the evidence of threats so they can apprehend the person in question.

Maybe this is why I have seen 2 Garda cars in Rush in the last week. Really surprised I didn't hear about the protests on my rounds but maybe they were at a different house, like he has a number of homes.......

Called Gardái last evening to complain about something near where I live, anti-social behaviour. . The response was "we have one car which is at an accident but I will put a call in to them and maybe they will call over later"

I take it this means we had patrol one car to cover Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush and Lusk yesterday evening? Maybe the 2 cars were at the crash but this is crazy to think with population we have there was no car, no time given and no return call. Ah maybe tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

LeoB wrote: »
    Called Gardái last evening to complain about something near where I live, anti-social behaviour. . The response was "we have one car which is at an accident but I will put a call in to them and maybe they will call over later"

I take it this means we had patrol one car to cover Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush and Lusk yesterday evening? Maybe the 2 cars were at the crash but this is crazy to think with population we have there was no car, no time given and no return call. Ah maybe tomorrow

I don't know if its fact but before they closed Rush Garda Station someone told me that was the situation you described above, the one patrol car for the Northern part of NCD was standard on week nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

I don't know if its fact but before they closed Rush Garda Station someone told me that was the situation you described above, the one patrol car for the Northern part of NCD was standard on week nights.

You're correct. That was the case even prior to the station closures.

You're correct. That was the case even prior to the station closures.

In fairness, that probably refers to Squad Cars.

About a year ago, a filling station near me was robbed, and a stolen car abandoned outside our house, the getaway car, broke down.

Once I rang Balbriggan, I had the Squad, and 2 unmarked cars down within 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

martinn123 wrote: »
    In fairness, that probably refers to Squad Cars.

About a year ago, a filling station near me was robbed, and a stolen car abandoned outside our house, the getaway car, broke down.

Once I rang Balbriggan, I had the Squad, and 2 unmarked cars down within 5 minutes

Exactly. It is in terms of squads.

So we have 2 incidents and one gets looked after the other left. Gets better.

I suppose they have to prioritise the calls.

Called Gardái last evening to complain about something near where I live, anti-social behaviour. .

or

a filling station near me was robbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Only way to change any of this is to lobby the politicians - they keep saying that the Gardaí have enough resources to do their job but as you can see, they don't....

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    Only way to change any of this is to lobby the politicians - they keep saying that the Gardaí have enough resources to do their job but as you can see, they don't....

Yes, form a ''Q'' outside the offices of Angela Merkel, Olli Rehn and Ajai Chopra.

( sorry that's gone off DCN ) so i'll add our local politicians have no idea.

martinn123 wrote: »
    I suppose they have to prioritise the calls.

or
    Or thugs racing cars on the street OR a stabbing. Crime is crime but yes some are more serious than others. While I would be a little reluctant to tackle some of these people I would also be reluctant to phone the the Gardai the next time but either way I am not prepared to have a few thugs ruin a quiet neighbourhood
    kjbsrah1 wrote: »

Agree. I have gone to a few clinics over the past few months and all we get is spin. Crime figures are down......... If people stop reporting these crimes of course the figures will look good. I have no faith whatsoever in any local rep to really fight to improve the level of policing in N.C.D

Or thugs racing cars on the street OR a stabbing. Crime is crime but yes some are more serious than others. While I would be a little reluctant to tackle some of these people I would also be reluctant to phone the the Gardai the next time but either way I am not prepared to have a few thugs ruin a quiet neighbourhood

Agree. I have gone to a few clinics over the past few months and all we get is spin. Crime figures are down......... If people stop reporting these crimes of course the figures will look good. I have no faith whatsoever in any local rep to really fight to improve the level of policing in N.C.D

canvasing Politicians on matters of Crime is a waste of time
    Resources are managed and allocated by the Commissioner, and locally by the Super.

On this thread it's been reported that at meetings, Inspector Yeates assured residents that Lusk would be open 24 hrs, did not happen.

Politicians can talk about issues, at meetings, buy have no power. Spin Yes Power No.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just posting a link to a thread from the Cycling Forum in relation to a cyclist assaulted in Rush in case anyone has any information.

Sadly another serious assault in Rush today. A young female and from what I was told this evening she was left in awful state. This follows on a number of assults and attempted snatch robberies over the last few weeks.

So if by chance James Reilly, Alan Farrell Brendan Ryan or Clare Daly are reading this can you let us know if somethinbg can be done to stop this before some local decides to stop it or someone gets badly hurt or worse.

Advertisement