Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork New Year's Eve

Options
  • 05-12-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Thinking fo going to cork for new year this year. Love going out there but just wondering is there any place that is just great for new year there? Like and event or something?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

was lookin around for myself and couldnt spot anything much being advertised yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

In my experience New Years out in Cork has been a choice between a boring restaurant set up or being sandwiched in a bar with little hope of being served.
    This year I'm heading to a MadMan themed party in town which is looking like it could be a good laugh :)
    It hasn't been advertised just yet, but it's something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Jason1984 wrote: »
    In my experience New Years out in Cork has been a choice between a boring restaurant set up or being sandwiched in a bar with little hope of being served.
    This year I'm heading to a MadMan themed party in town which is looking like it could be a good laugh :)
    It hasn't been advertised just yet, but it's something different.
    where is that on? sounds cool.
    I've been out in town the last few years and it's always been disappointing. i'll either go to a house party or stay home this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

It's on in Electric,the idea is to have people dress in the same style as the show and I'm sure they'll have other things on offer for the night.
    It's the best option I've found for New Years so far.

Anyone come across anything else happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Mad Men....will Alison Brie be there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Got a newsletter from tickets.ie yesterday with the following:

The Lynch Mob + Hank & Edel - The Pav
    Commitments Tribute Band - Old Oak
    Daft Punk Tribute Band - Cyprus Ave
    80s vs 90s Battle of the Decades - The Savoy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

daft funk it is so :D

Advertisement