Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour raising fence to block Sea View

Options
  • 05-12-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I have tenants in a property. There is a sea view from the back ie kitchen, living area and back lawn and patio. The property backs on another property (it's front is facing the sea). Both properties are 'end' properties, hence my lovely view.

However this evening, when the tenants arrived home, a work man was erecting a separate fence on the neighbours side but it's at least 1 foot higher.
    This seriously impacts on the view and the already depleted:rolleyes: value of the property.
    Any advise here would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

I think fences to the rear of a property can be 1.8m high before planning is required

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Capped walls made of brick, stone or block, wooden fences but not security fences can be erected as long as they do not exceed 1.2 metres in height or two metres at the side or rear. Gates may be build provided they do not exceed 2 metres in height.

From here.

Advertisement