Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carmine or Glossybox?!

• 05-12-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was thinking of subscribing to one (or both... I could stretch to it I think) of these. Do any of you have any experiences of them ye could share? I'd choose just one if I thought the other was crap. Or neither if they're both bad. It's absolutely not something I need at all, but might be nice as a treat once a month if even one of the products is any good. I've quit buying magazines really so this could be my new treat!

For those of ye who don't know what they are, check out these links:

http://www.glossybox.co.uk/

http://www.carmine.co.uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've been wondering the same thing actually! I think they both do one month's free trial so that could help with making the decision. I was wrong on that! Going to look into that myself in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've been wondering the same thing actually! I think they both do one month's free trial so that could help with making the decision. Going to look into that myself in January.
    Have you a link to information about free trials please?

I was looking to sign up to Glossy Box, but am afraid I'll regret spending the €15 in case it's terrible.

I know you can opt out at any time, but still, I don't want to waste €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Yeah can't see anywhere on either site about free trials, would love to try them if there is one though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I just searched there and it appears the free trial was just that the blogs I saw it reviewed on had received their first boxes for free as a trial and for advertising :( I'm really sorry for getting your hopes up! I was certain I'd read it on the websites too, but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Feck it, think I'm going to chance both for one month anyway and see what it's like. I'll chalk it down as a Christmas present to myself!

I'll report back and let ye know how I get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

Ooh, me like this! Never heard of it before. The glossybox one allows you to do a beauty profile so it can tailor products for you individually but the carmine one doesn't appear to yet. That would probably swing it for me but be interested to hear which one you prefer after you get your first delivery OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lulut

Hi
    I am currently subscribed to both boxes but need to give up one as cant afford both each month. Gonna decide after the christmas boxes as i am hoping they are going to be special.
    Carmine so far seems to concentrate more on make up. In the last box I got 3 full size makep up products. A lipstick, eye pencil and brow marker and 2 skincare products
    Glossybox so far has concentrated more on the skincare side of things getting maybe one item of make up per box ( though there was no make up in last months box) also glossybox includes perfume samples in all their boxes so far and usually some kind of nail product also
    So decisions decisions. I like both boxes so will have to see what the xmas ones bring before I can make my mind up. But I would recommend them as it is great to receive a little beauty parcel in the post each month and I have found a couple of new products through it that I could now not live without

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

i'm starting to think they are the same company!! their websites are identical, and when you email customer services the replies are almost identical too!
    i am going to subscribe to carmine on dec 15th when they have the december boxes ready cause i'm hoping the christmas boxes will be nice. i've got 3 glossyboxes so far and still waiting for novembers to arrive. but it has been mostly skincare and i've got enough samples now so i'm gonna get the christmas one (hopefully there'll be more makeup in it) then unsubscribe in jan. altho knowing my luck jan's box will be fab! but i've read a lot of complaints on the gb facebook pg lately and some ppl saying carmine is much better. so i'll give them a go for a while. i am a sucker for this kind of stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lubie76 wrote: »
    Ooh, me like this! Never heard of it before. The glossybox one allows you to do a beauty profile so it can tailor products for you individually but the carmine one doesn't appear to yet. That would probably swing it for me but be interested to hear which one you prefer after you get your first delivery OP.

glossybox's "profile" has been out of action since august when i signed up! they say it should be back in a fortnight...

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote: »

do they deliver to Ireland as well? oh no not another one!!
    are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I am going to stick with GB this month and then give Carmine a twirl in January I think. Though I just looked at Feel Unique and they offer free delivery worldwide.

I have been subscribing to GB since September. There has been something I loved in each box so far.

Pythia wrote: »
    Feel Unique's glossy box is only available for delivery within the United Kingdom. :(

I just tried to register for it and was shown this screen

feeluniqueglossybox.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'm signed up to carmine :) cant wait to get my first box!

Ha, if I'm the reason that loads of ye sign up for these then they'll have to reward me in some way!!! :pac:

Ah it might be a total waste of money but I'll let ye know what comes in the December box anyway. I'm glad the other one doesn't ship to Ireland, 2 is enough!

Oh also, when I signed up for Glossybox I filled in the profile thing so it's back up and running ok. Would love some nail varnish or eyeshadows, but I pretty much love all things beauty-related :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I am subscribed to both.. by the way, yes the Glossybox profile works but they do not tailor the box to your needs just yet. They did one box where everybody got the same, and everyone complained! Even though they complained when they didn't get stuff that others got; that's typical and it will always happen!

I have received 3 Glossyboxes and 2 Carmines. I like the full size products in Carmine; eyeliner, blusher, eyeshadow.. but in Glossybox you get to try different creams and skincare samples are of good quality. I too, would like to only get one BUT I am afraid I'll miss something amazing if I stop getting one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I got my November GB this morning and I just got an email saying the December one has been shipped. Really disappointed with it. Got 2 tiny perfume samples, a foot cream, some face cream (it is a primer I think) and a packet of nail wraps in black and white stripes.

Was really hoping there would be some make up in there. Hopefully Decembers will be better. If not I'll be trying Carmine in January.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I've gotten 3 GBs and 2 Carmine and will be giving up GB in January. Have found Carmine much better than GB when it comes to customer service and that means a lot to me.

I was umimpressed by the November GB but I really like the Monu moisturizer. I think they skimped on the November GB to provide something extra special in the December one - it'd better live up to the hype!

I am more and more tempted to try Carmine as a Christmas present to myself. When would I have to sign up for the Carmine one by.

Have to say though GB customer has been grand by me so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I'm signed up to glossybox and love it-its like a little present to myself every month! I haven't found anything ammaaazzzzzing in the box that I'd buy again but I've only received two boxes so far! Actually I did love the dermologica samples in the October GB and it was great to try them cos I could never justify spending that much money on skincare unless I knew it worked! And after using the Renewal Lip Complex I really think I might buy it!

If I was to sign up for the Carmine December box did I read right in thinking I have to wait till after December the 15th to sign up?

Oh I just had a look at the reviews of the December GB, the products look amazing, can't wait to receive it!!

• Advertisement

As far as I know you can sign up for Carmine now... Might mean you get the November box too though. I do find it confusing the way both companies send the previous months box for a while into the month!

Definitely an amazing December box coming our way from glossybox....

a link for those of you who don't mind ruining the surprise!!

http://www.gemsmaquillage.com/2011/12/december-glossybox.html

As far as I know you can sign up for Carmine now... Might mean you get the November box too though. I do find it confusing the way both companies send the previous months box for a while into the month!

Yeah me too! I don't really want the November box, I saw a few reviews and wasn't pushed on what was in it

I peeked and am really excited about my GB coming now.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Got my Christmas GB this morning!! Its so pretty!! I won't spoil it for any of you girls waiting but its so much nicer than November. And its all stuff that I will use. So excited!!

Mine came too! I was hoping it might and then the postman came and went with a registered parcel but no GB. Few minutes later he came back - he had forgotten he had another parcel:)

Delighted with it - will use nearly everything - the colours in one of the items are not really me though.

i got mine this morning as well, came back to work after a few days off & both novembers and decembers were waiting for me! will defo use all of decembers, not mad on novembers. i am going to unsubscribe to gb now and sigh up for carmine tomo to get their Christmas one :)

When do you need to sign up to Carmine by to receive their Christmas box?

Well I think the earliest date you can sign up is tomorrow and they seem to have the same box for a month at a time. Going by the fact that the November box is running from 16th November to now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I signed up for carmine last month and was pretty impressed with the November box, cant wait to see whats on store for Dec!

darn.. my December box hasn't yet arrived, and I was emailed Monday to say it was shipped :-( impatience!!!

OP here-

Well I got both my Carmine and Glossybox- and so far I think Glossybox was my favourite. Although to be fair, the Glossybox was the December one so I should probably reserve my judgement til I get the December Carmine box. Although I don't think I can order that one yet cos the November one seems to be the only one on their site for now.

Very impressed with the fact that some of the stuff was full size, like the Glossybox stuff would probably be worth about €40 or so at least so that's pretty good value.

Think I'll keep getting them for the next while anyway!

I emailed Carmine to ask when I should subscribe to get the December box and they replied right away.

They said they are releasing the Christmas box early next week and to keep an eye on their Facebook page.

From Carmine's Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/Carmine.UK
    Carmine - Beauty's Best. In a Box.

‎*Exciting announcement* shipping of the December box for our current subscribers starts today! Those who are not yet subscribed will be able to sign up for the December box next week (if you try to sign up now you will receive both the Nov & Dec boxes!) We will make an announcement when signing up for just the December box is available...We hope you're all looking forward to receiving your December Carmine box it's a real cracker :

Ladies, a spoiler for Carmine's December box - I hope mine arrives before Christmas Eve!! :(
    I now still want both boxes, dammit!

http://www.beautygeekuk.com/2011/12/december-carmine-box.html

• Advertisement

**SPOILER ALERT**

I found this on google for the January/Valentine's day glossybox - man if I get what is in this video, I will be over the fricking moon!!

http://www.thehijabigirl.blogspot.com/

youtube video entitled: GlossyBox January 2012 by user "resnemee"

I don't think that's a Glossybox UK box... She says in the video that the last box also had a hairspray and I don't think the UK ones did... Glossybox seems to be in a few areas and there are no similarities in the products offered each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

**SPOILER ALERT**

I found this on google for the January/Valentine's day glossybox - man if I get what is in this video, I will be over the fricking moon!!

http://www.thehijabigirl.blogspot.com/

youtube video entitled: GlossyBox January 2012 by user "resnemee"

The glossybox for january/valentines is not being sent out until the 27th of January,so nobodys got this box yet I'm afraid! There sending it out later this month so everyone will have it before Valentines!

The glossybox for january/valentines is not being sent out until the 27th of January,so nobodys got this box yet I'm afraid! There sending it out later this month so everyone will have it before Valentines!

I really liked my December Glossybox and have used a lot of the items from it. I wasn't that thrilled with November's Glossybox initially but actually in the last few weeks I've started to use some of the products from it:

Monu Recovery Balm

Which I have been using as my moisturiser and I find it really good. It has helped even out my skintone as I am prone to a lot of redness. If I use it at night and wake up in the morning my skin feels sooo soft and hydrated. When I use it during the day my make up glides over it and is a perfect base for it.

FC5 Ultra Hydrating Hand Cream

Smells amazing, really citrusy and doesn't leave my hands to go greasy which I often find with a lot of hand creams.

I do like the idea of the boxes and will continue to buy them cos I like to try new things but its getting frustrating that the dispatch date of the boxes is getting later and later every month! January's box isn't really a January box cos we probably won't receive it till February if the dispatch date isn't till the 27th of Jan!

Hi all,

I'm just wondering what people think of carmine beauty boxes or has anyone tried the feel unique box. I'm already subscribed to glossybox and I really like the boxes but I still haven't received my January box and their customer service is so unhelpful! So I'm thinking of changing because I don't think glossybox deserve my custom to be honest! They are already planning to charge me for February's box when I haven't even received January's!

• Advertisement

My January one has not come yet either - now they are saying allow 10 working days. I found their customer service rather poor this month too - had no complaints in other months.

Am toying with the idea of getting the Carmine box.

I get both boxes and have to say Carmine hands down beat GB when it comes to customer service! If I have to cut down to one I'll be choosing Carmine over Glossybox on that basis more than for any other reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I just got my December Glossybox today. Some issue with delivery but despite that i Have to say I found customer service good and they offered me refund or to send it again and always got back to me within 24 hours. I'm glad I held out for dec box as thought the products were excellent.

They told me today that they consider my January box lost :( and refunded me as the January boxes are all sold out.

I am not impressed by this since this is the second time this happened (a lost box) and they gave me 3 different dates for the box being dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Jeeez, that's annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I've signed up to both since last week- I'll see how long I can afford both for and then cancel one of them.
    I can't wait to see whats in the boxes- I really like the idea behind it so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.

I only received my January Glossybox yesterday! I'll continue with this months subscription cos they've taken the money from my account already, which I think is a bit cheeky considering I still hadn't received January box, but if there are the same delays this month, I'm finished with them!

Yes they have already taken the money for this month off me too. I will swtich to Carmine after that though.

Advertisement