Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the Irish Exam changed?

• 05-12-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Has their been any changes to the Irish leaving certificate exam for ordinary level and when?

I'm asking this because our teacher said they changed the exam and we have to learn about 20 picture questions which is a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Yes your teacher is right, the course has changed and this years leaving Certs will be the first to sit the changed exam. There are 20 series of pictures to talk about for the oral. The examiner will pick one of the 20, and you will describe it, then ask the examiner 3 questions about it, then the examiner will ask you 3 questions about it. Lot of work! The department only sent them out towards the end of last year, don't know why. It's an awful lot to cover in a year along with the rest of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Closet Monkey

bearhugs wrote: »
    ...then ask the examiner 3 questions about it...

I don't understand the point of asking the examiner a question and given that they ask you three queation after describing it makes it even harder. However, we've done a test on poetry on the new course and it seems easier than the old one. We had questions like themes, why you like it, emotions and simple stuff like that, atleast they improved on that or correct me if I'm wrong.

Advertisement