Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending a food gift hamper to Japan?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Has anyone advice on best way to do this? I'd like to send some christmassy stuff in a hamper to relatives in Jpan but the sites I've looked at don't send to Japan. Would like to find a company that'd do the hamper and delivery but if not I wonder if a homemade food hamper would would get through customs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Don't know if it helps but I've had tea bags, sweets and chocolate sent to Japan lots of times without a problem. Never had home made food sent, but I'd if you put it in some sealed container I doubt you'd have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

My parents have sent me food loads of times. I got through customs with a loaf of brown soda bread (the customs officer made me open the bag, as he was thinking it was too heavy to be bread). A couple of times the package has had a note attached saying it was opened for inspection by Narita airport staff. They even let my mother's homemade chutney through after inspection, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Advertisement