Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam knows router setup will not work

Options
  • 05-12-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Im getting very sick of this yoke so hopefully someone can help. Basically my setup is Zyxel modem in bridge mode ---> Cisco router(that handles everything)

Now I know the tp link needs to be between them account to sam knows. I also know my zyxel needs to have DHCP.

So I disabled bridge mode and set it up all nice and it was web connectivity. Its default GW address is 192.168.0.0.

Now the cisco router refuses to let me get online with this setup. All its details attached in picture. It originally gave an error via window's that there was dns issues but now its just saying there's connectivity issues.

I reset the cisco really because of all the static ip's and forwarded ports/ Its would be way to much effort.

Any ideas would be great im stooped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

It looks from first glance that your default gateway is wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

macrubicon wrote: »
    It looks from first glance that your default gateway is wrong...

Any suggestions? Do you mean 192.168.0.0 should not be a DW address?

It would be unusual - it is hard to tell without some more details of your setup.

Where is this IP coming from - your Zyxel or the ISP ?

It would be unusual - it is hard to tell without some more details of your setup.

Where is this IP coming from - your Zyxel or the ISP ?

Its all coming from me. Obv the zyxel gets an ip address from the ISP. But as far as the cisco goes the ip address is being assigned from the Zyxel, the 192.168.0.1 address

Then I would suggest moving the cable from the WAN port to a LAN port and allowing the Zyxel to handle DHCP directly etc. unless there is a specific reason you have the cisco in there.

You might outline what you have connected up ( with IP's if you can ) and it might give a better idea...

• Advertisement

Then I would suggest moving the cable from the WAN port to a LAN port and allowing the Zyxel to handle DHCP directly etc. unless there is a specific reason you have the cisco in there.

You might outline what you have connected up ( with IP's if you can ) and it might give a better idea...

Well the reason behind the cisco is that it has wireless N and has gigabit ports both of which I use. Then I have things like dydns and port forwarding setup along with its firewall and thigs. I just trust the cisco much more than the zyxel.

With the setup it goes

Zyxel --> homplug --> Cisco, then to my switch and nas. Attached ip's in picture.

Is it not possible to have to DHCP's running?

Say the zyxel has DHCP on and does my login to isp.

The cisco connects and gets an interal IP then efervething else gets its IP from the cisco router?

Well the reason behind the cisco is that it has wireless N and has gigabit ports both of which I use. Then I have things like dydns and port forwarding setup along with its firewall and thigs. I just trust the cisco much more than the zyxel.

With the setup it goes

Zyxel --> homplug --> Cisco, then to my switch and nas. Attached ip's in picture.

Is it not possible to have two DHCP's running?

Say the zyxel has DHCP on and does my login to isp.

The cisco connects and gets an interal IP then everything else gets its IP from the cisco router?

OK - if I'm following you right - I would staticly set an IP on the WAN side of the cisco.

Say 192.168.0.250 and the gateway IP should be the IP of the LAN side of the Zyxel. That 192.168.0.0 Gateway IP is your problem I'm 99% sure. I'd say it should be .1 or .254.

OK - if I'm following you right - I would staticly set an IP on the WAN side of the cisco.

Say 192.168.0.250 and the gateway IP should be the IP of the LAN side of the Zyxel. That 192.168.0.0 Gateway IP is your problem I'm 99% sure. I'd say it should be .1 or .254.

You sir are my HERO:D Were up and running, the TP Link is working away it appears also. Thank you soooo much

Great stuff - glad to be of help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement