Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zoo pizza

Options
  • 05-12-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

trying to order a pizza off them, but the number is 'not in service'. is it still open? is there another number for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Well they are currently looking for a business partner so I assume they are still open or at least continue with the venture in due course!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never heard of it before.
    From website
    Zoo! Pizza is situated at The Galway Plate restaurant on the Tuam road in Galway. It is operated by the Nolan Family Restaurant Group who have been running The Galway Plate restaurant for over eight years.
    Must have driven past a million times without seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Never heard of it either :-o
    Think they might need to do a bit of advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Well its a decent pizza, they are very nice in there too, its connected to the Galway Plate so you could try that number

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

It's the BEST pizza I've had this side of NYC. It's really good. great pizza base (that's what makes it), awfully friendly place, great service. My kids love it too,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Drove past it last week, it certainly looked closed, no lights on. Hope it isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I had dinner in the Galway Plate yesterday evening and it was open, first time I even noticed it was there. They had a smart car outside with the logo on it and "We deliver" or something like that, so I presume they are doing deliveries. Must give it a try as its closer than any of the other pizza places to us...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Inky_Lady wrote: »
    Drove past it last week, it certainly looked closed, no lights on. Hope it isn't!

Defo not closed. Ate there AGAIN last Thursday evening - was even better than the last time. They have a great €14.99 deal on at the mo - 14" pizza+4 toppings (and good toppings too, not crap), 2 cans & 2 Ben & Jerrys tubs. Pizza was NYUM!! You can watch pizza chef swirling the pizza base around in the air. No affiliation with the place - I just know really good pizza!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Jesus, this place sounds nice. Must give it a try!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Had one tonight eat in - their main trade is daytime but they stay open till 8:30 9:00pm. Hit the spot alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

nicest pizza ive tried. bit slow at preparing it but def worth the wait. would reccommend this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I pass this place every day and never knew either than they delivered or that their pizza was any good. Just ordered there - hopefully it's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Must try sometime, but Pizza Pasta Napoli pees from a height on every other pizza place in town so id take some turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

I must be the only one that didn't like it at all, or any of my family when it comes to it. Way to much cheese, and with every bite all I could taste was pesto? Maybe the chef has changed or something as it was a good 6months ago that I had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hardball

Defo still open, had a pizza in there last week and it was excellent. just saw on facebook that they deliver to Claregalway as well...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

I must be the only one that didn't like it at all, or any of my family when it comes to it. Way to much cheese, and with every bite all I could taste was pesto? Maybe the chef has changed or something as it was a good 6months ago that I had it?

Nope, I found it the same as you and the tomatoes were massively sliced on it which I hated. Just not my sort of pizza I guess but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Tried it for first time yesterday and it was excellent, the Rustica base is lovely and crisp and the toppings were delicious. Garlic bread was excellent too, plenty of garlic and olive oil... will def try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Must try sometime, but Pizza Pasta Napoli pees from a height on every other pizza place in town so id take some turning.

where is this place you speak of? pizza pasta napoli

you tried monroes pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Bah. Nicest pizza in town is in freezer section: Chicago Town Takeaway Pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Hardball

Barone - zoo pizza on the tuam road. Just checked their website is www.zoopizza.ie

barone wrote: »
    where is this place you speak of? pizza pasta napoli

you tried monroes pizza?
    Pizza Pasta Napoli is nextdoor to Ti Neachtain on Cross St, run by guys form Naples. Its miles ahead of everywhere else, fresh bases made in front of you as opposed to the frozen bases etc in other places. Dont get me wrong, ive had the 4stars, Dominos, Monroes etc, they aint a patch on it, ive had pizza in Naples and this is the closest and best ive ever had since and wont go anywhere else no matter what the reviews.

Pizza Pasta Napoli is nextdoor to Ti Neachtain on Cross St, run by guys form Naples. Its miles ahead of everywhere else, fresh bases made in front of you as opposed to the frozen bases etc in other places. Dont get me wrong, ive had the 4stars, Dominos, Monroes etc, they aint a patch on it, ive had pizza in Naples and this is the closest and best ive ever had since and wont go anywhere else no matter what the reviews.

sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

That place on Cross Street is amazing alright, some of the best pizza in the country.

Got my Zoo pizza the other night and it was nicer that your regular Domino's/Four Star stuff but not amazing. I miss that place on Eyre Square that did amazing pizza, whatever its name was.

rain on wrote: »
    That place on Cross Street is amazing alright, some of the best pizza in the country.

Got my Zoo pizza the other night and it was nicer that your regular Domino's/Four Star stuff but not amazing. I miss that place on Eyre Square that did amazing pizza, whatever its name was.
    Eds New York Pizza, the guy that ran it now works in Pizza Pasta Napoli too.

had the merry meal in zoo yesterday.. excellent value and excellent pizza,best eatin in the restaurant itself id say.. spiced beef was actually chopped steak pieces not mince,toppings were great

will go again

Advertisement