Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Forum

Options
  • 05-12-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this has already been suggested but always at this time of year i.e. Snow season you get 100s of posts asking "will it post here, etc...", can you not make it locked down where you have to request access to post in the forum ala the soccer forum? I think it would improve the forum greatly, as someone who doesn't post in it but reads it regulary I find that it becomes completely unreadable when there's a threat of snow.

I know we all get excited when it snows but a little bit of control would go a long way.

Just my 2 cents anyhow :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It'd possibly create a larger workload for the mods and dissuade some people from posting about other non-snow related stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

It'd possibly create a larger workload for the mods and dissuade some people from posting about other non-snow related stuff.

Valid point but which is more work, wading through the inane posts (no offense couldn't think of another word) or having a authorize user(s) section?

Just think it was very evident last year that a lot of the experienced users went to Irish Weather Online instead of posting in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I presume that you have already discussed via PM with the Weather Mods before opening for general feedback. What did they have to say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

joe316 wrote: »
    Just think it was very evident last year that a lot of the experienced users went to Irish Weather Online instead of posting in the forum.

Do you have a link to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

IWO is dead. At least until it's transfer to its purchasers is complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There were IWO updates on Facebook yesterday from POD himself. Not totally dead at the mo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

A tad OTT to ask for the forum to be access only.
    If there are too many threads on the same subject, report them and let the Mods delete.

Advertisement