Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Up

Options
  • 05-12-2011 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

I must stress before I go on...I have nothing to do with this company

They seem to be doing more to get local people into employment than any politician could ever do.

I was at a cross roads in my own career and I went and talked to Karen (who owns the company). I spoke to her for about 2 hours (I didn't pay her a penny - the service obviously does cost something...but she'll work with you and your budget no matter how small) and it was an extremely encouraging and positive meeting.

If you're out of work at the moment or looking for a change of career, I recommend giving them a bell.

www.thisisup.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Have to agree with you!

Had an interview down there today for a full time position starting just before Xmas. Fingers crossed :)

I saw Liz and she said even if I dont get this job that they have plenty positions coming up. Also if you are on social welfare they will give you career advice and cv help free of charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I heard you own the company and get a % of all future earnings

jokes!!!!

Good shout mate, im sure plenty wouldnt have heard of them and a couple of my friends have been to them and said it was a very positive experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

They came to my dragon's den and I got 30% of the business for a stapler, a refill pad and one of those pens that can be 4 different colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mrsbizetc

I hear its all from the teeth out. Lots to say but not a lot of experience between them all. Once ur chequebook is on the table - all good, thereafter - all gone ! pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CareerGuru

Thanks for all the comments, positive or otherwise we know at UP that we are making a difference and I don't see too many other business' offering a privately subsidised service to get people back working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My brother is after getting a few interviews thanks to these. One of them could be good hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Thanks to the gang at This is Up I had a 2nd interview today for a job so fingers crossed I'll get it.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Beefcakes

I went to This Is Up a few months back after making initial contact at the jobs fair in the Tower Hotel organised by Waterford Chamber of Commerce.

Suffice it to say my confidence and self-esteem were in my boots and if I'm being honest I probably wasn't expecting very much. So when I was met with a friendly, competent and professional group of people who have since done nothing but champion and encourage me I was thrilled.

Now, thanks to Karen and her team, I am in an ideal position and gaining invaluable experience that I have no doubt will stand me in good stead and will be a great foundation for my career going forward.

I have since told lots of my friends about This Is UP and I know that they have had the same experience. I genuinely couldn't recommend what they do highly enough. And no I am not being asked to say this, paid to say this, forced to say this. :) I just know that had it not been for This is UP I'd still be lolling about at home on the dole feeling miserable.

I hope that for anyone reading this thread who is maybe reconsidering availing of the service because of some of the negative comments that you will think again.

Thank you This Is UP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Where exactly are these people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Beefcakes wrote: »

Now, thanks to Karen and her team,
    Is she hot?
    decies wrote: »

Down somewhere near the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

seanybiker wrote: »
    Is she hot?
    I am outwordly shaking my head in dismay and inwardly nodding approval at your comment :D

They were based in offices across the road from dunphys on the cork road when I was there. Think theyre still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

They are currently based in 'Maratana Gate'. They are situated on the second floor - overlooking the Park.

Oh right...they've moved so. Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

2nd Floor,
    Wallace House Maritana Gate....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

And with that...they disappeared off the face of the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

And with that...they disappeared off the face of the planet.
    when did that happen? ya would think a very confident cocky woman such as she was that she would still be goin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What a cheap dig there, what did she do to you? I wonder is it about her "hoffifying" comments about the closure of the hospital way back when. Jesus, people of Waterford forget nothing.

Maybe she just went out of business because of the lack of opportunities in the South East, it isnt funny either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

What a cheap dig there, what did she do to you? I wonder is it about her "hoffifying" comments about the closure of the hospital way back when. Jesus, people of Waterford forget nothing.

Maybe she just went out of business because of the lack of opportunities in the South East, it isnt funny either way.
    i seem to recall her making humorous comments about a person's CV on her "THIS IS UP" facebook page, not very professional if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I know two folks whom paid over their money and then had real hassle to get their cv off her, apparently she would only answer the phones on the odd occasion and would never return calls, before she done her most recent (what looks to be like a permanent) bunk.

Was she not on here before maybe she could offer her side of the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

No need to dig up Zombie threads and to be honest I don't like bad mouthing business people on here either. If you want to discuss the company then start another thread.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement