Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get herself for xmas

• 05-12-2011 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

hi folks
    i,m totally clueless what to get the missus for xmas, she has,nt dropped any hints and i,m hoping a few ladies on here might give me some help with some idea,s your help is greatly appreciated i also wanna keep it local to support local jobs and business,s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

hi folks
    i,m totally clueless what to get the missus for xmas, she has,nt dropped any hints and i,m hoping a few ladies on here might give me some help with some idea,s your help is greatly appreciated i also wanna keep it local to support local jobs and business,s

bring her up to the exchange for a few scoops and then bring her upstairs to the hairy pig for a slap up meal, and stick two lotto tickets in a christmas card :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

bring her up to the exchange for a few scoops and then bring her upstairs to the hairy pig for a slap up meal, and stick two lotto tickets in a christmas card :o
    nice idea billy the pig but looking for something that she can actually have just for herself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Pandora bracelet? A decent ghd (hair straightener). A flyling lesson (about 100e a throw though).Find out what make up she likes..good selection in debenhams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

nice idea billy the pig but looking for something that she can actually have just for herself

Get her a hair voucher for somewhere like Hype. Or a spa treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

Get her a hair voucher for somewhere like Hype. Or a spa treatment.

As a woman, I recommend the above i.e hair, spa treatment, her beauticians, clothes vouchers or shoes voucher:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 quicksnap

Can't go wrong with Jewellery! Fields is an Irish company. Or a voucher for a boutique, they can really struggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Get her a nice new ironing board and yourself a passport!!!!!:D

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Get her a nice new ironing board and yourself a passport!!!!!:D
    haha like the idea but i don,t wanna be killed lol

thanks for the replies and idea,s so far folks keep em coming so i can build up a good idea in me head, am liking the idea bout pandora and spa, she has a hair straightener but don,t know if it ghd ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Has she any hobbies or interests?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Pandora is a real good idea if she likes jewellery.
    My other half bought me one a couple of years back and I have it full now between himself and my daughter buying charms for birthdays, christmas, mothers day etc since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

Voucher for fish spa . gift voucher from you to her for you know what to the value of your choice . babliss big hair - its like a hair dryer and brush. combined new shoes- but if your sense of style is bad-don't . bicycle helmet. paint a room for her . wash the windows . power hose the footpaths .maybe a top up on gift voucher mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Take her away for a night over Christmas, someplace nice, good food, log fires. Love Lyrath Estate for this kinda treat and good deals generally available on website. She will be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Keea

Make-up if she's into that. Some nice eyeshadows, mascara, lippy etc. Ladies in Sam McCauley's or Mulligans should be able to sort you out if you want to shop local.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Try the sex shop on O Connell St plenty of things in there that she can use just for herself.if that fails try Kervicks fruit and veg shop😜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Pandoras are great cause it takes the pressure of ever having to think what to get her again. If you get stuck just buy a few charms....it gets filled up , buy the necklace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

quicksnap wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with Jewellery! Fields is an Irish company. Or a voucher for a boutique, they can really struggle

Support Waterford jewellers !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Voucher for debenhams or one of those beauty salons or hairdressers around Waterford, my missus loves the bay spa out in tramore, hype hairdressers, salon 16 (beside gingerman).

defo gonna go along the lines of jewellery me thinks will take a look at some of that pandora stuff so and hopefully she won,t have it already. thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

There's a really good (but small) craft fair on down in Garter Lane, some great gift ideas there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

defo gonna go along the lines of jewellery me thinks will take a look at some of that pandora stuff so and hopefully she won,t have it already. thanks everyone

You know you probably will have to buy a few of the rings that go on the bracelet too. Good luck anyway.

will go have a look, after todays depressing budget by the grinch that stole xmas we,ll all have to support our local business,s thats for sure, thanks again folks for the help tis much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I'm with the guy who suggested the Lyrath.My husband got that for me last year and I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

will go have a look, after todays depressing budget by the grinch that stole xmas we,ll all have to support our local business,s thats for sure, thanks again folks for the help tis much appreciated

If you're going to go down the pandora route, you can't go wrong with John Martins in Georges Court, in my experience the staff there are lovely and I have often gotten a few euro off if you're buying more than 1 charm

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

agree about John Martin jewelers! very fair people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I offer a discreet service. For €50 she gets half an hour, €100 gets an hour and €200 gets the whole night.
    Book early to avoid disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

seen on the ghd website 50% off 2 day know u said about buying in waterford bt money is money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I suppose it depends what age bracket your in?

I mean if your in your 40's with kids your not going to be getting her two tickets to IBIZA for DJ spinsalot, chomping down the disco biscuits! ha

Or if your young enough, you dont want to get her a subsrciption to How to crochet.

You have to give us more hints about yous, married? young? Kids?

I got my mother a coal bucket and small shovel one year for chrismas, legend i am! ha

I suppose it depends what age bracket your in?

I mean if your in your 40's with kids your not going to be getting her two tickets to IBIZA for DJ spinsalot, chomping down the disco biscuits! ha

Or if your young enough, you dont want to get her a subsrciption to How to crochet.

You have to give us more hints about yous, married? young? Kids?

I got my mother a coal bucket and small shovel one year for chrismas, legend i am! ha
    she,s 25 i,m 28 no kids not married but live together, haha your mad boy what your mam think when she saw it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

worst one I ever heard of was a fella buying the missus a power drill for their wedding anniversary.Obviously she wasn't happy so he bought her an ironing board to make up for it!

Advertisement