Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2011 - Time to Vote! - Link in OP

Options
  • 05-12-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Time to vote!
    http://bit.ly/gameawards2011

All questions are optional! If you don't have an opinion on a particular question, then don't vote on it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

unfortunately my xbox carrier this year was very limited, so i dont have much to vote on.

though as xbox exclusive i really was fond of forza 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Locking Wii and 360 tomorrow night (Sunday), and putting up PS3 and PC.
    Some categories are a bit light on nominees, so your nominations will make a difference.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

Wii and 360 closed, thanks to those who posted.

PS3 and PC now accepting nominations.

PC and PS3 closed.

Time for the portables. DS/3DS, PSP and iOS are now accepting nominations.
    The next group (Sunday or Monday) will be for the Fun (miscellaneous) category.

Portable threads being locked tomorrow to make room for the fun category. Nominate now if you want your favourite games to be included.

• Advertisement

Portable locked (poor showing this year, I think).
    Fun categories are open now until the end of the week.

Almost there.... the "Overall" genre categories, plus game of the year are now open for nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Been really enjoying seeing what games people are nominating. Have found it really tough to pick just three games in each category. Just goes to show it was a pretty great year for games over all. I think the only major game I missed out on was Dark Souls. Don't think it suits my temperament! Still have to finish a few other games, and open the wrapping on a few others. Hopefully 2012 will be as good a year for gaming, though I have a feeling this year may have been the swansong for this generation besides a couple of big release like Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Missed out on a lot of the big name games. I feel Catherine, Tactics Ogre and Xenoblade are going to go criminally ignored despite being some of the best games in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Missed out on a lot of the big name games. I feel Catherine, Tactics Ogre and Xenoblade are going to go criminally ignored despite being some of the best games in a very long time.

Thats always the way with these games, they're not mainstream enough for everyone to have played them. That and it was a crazy year for gaming in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You're fighting a loosing battle trying to get the more obscure titles nominated, but it is a cheerful experience doing it anywa ;)

But there is enough passionate following behind Dark Souls to get it to win over the more overrated titles in there. THE CAMPAIGN STARTS HERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

Spammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

When is the voting stage starting?

A few days... I've started counting nominees.

Time to vote!
    http://bit.ly/gameawards2011

All questions are optional! If you don't have an opinion on a particular question, then don't vote on it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Huh, Overall Best Sports, and Fifa 12 isn't there?

Otherwise, great work Mr E.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Good stuff. Love the WTF were they thinking award - obv Duke Nukem! haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kiith wrote: »
    Huh, Overall Best Sports, and Fifa 12 isn't there?

Otherwise, great work Mr E.

There were 2 nominations - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056494687

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

G'on the Dark Souls!

Also - a little perplexed at how Skyrim could be considered a pleasant surprise :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Also - a little perplexed at how Skyrim could be considered a pleasant surprise
    It was a pleasant surprise for me tbh - I didn't really caught up in the hype since I didn't particularly like Oblivion when I played it previously, and hadn't expected Skyrim to blow me away as a result.

Oh, how wrong I was :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Skyrim is a stupid pleasant surprise. I fecking hated Oblivion but even I could see that it was going to be great from all the improvements they made and less boring setting.

MK9 for me as a pleasant surprise. Was sure it would be as god awful as ever other Mortal Kombat game and was very vocal about it. Sometimes it's nice to eat your own words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

So sad I couldn't vote Witcher 2 for best PC RPG.....damn Skyrim being so good!

I'm still not convinced that Skyrim is anything but a slightly nicer looking Oblivion with more subquests and dual wielding. But I just know it's walking away with everything when it really doesn't deserve it. But oh well.

I'm still not convinced that Skyrim is anything but a slightly nicer looking Oblivion with more subquests and dual wielding. But I just know it's walking away with everything when it really doesn't deserve it. But oh well.

It's a populist vote and more people have played it. No use looking for justice for the more deserving underdogs in a populist vote.

Saying that I'll still be disappointed :)

As long as I know Dark Souls, Portal 2 and Child of Eden were better, I'm more than content :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya Skyrim was my Pleasant Surprise as well as I hated Oblivion.

Cmon Mass Effect 2!!!

Still don't get it, even after the excellent Fallout 3 and its DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

voted for witcher 2 mostly in rpg sections. unfortunately no way it will be near top :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

For me, the pleasant surprise was Driver San Francisco.

For a game that I was sure was going to be poor [out-of-body swapping of cars? the game that follows Driv3r?], it was well put together and kept me away from games with more pedigree for a long time.

For anyone who has not played it, give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Dark Souls all the way for me!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement