Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Present Ideas for Parents?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

So this year I am really really stuck on what to buy my parents for christmas. Myself and my two younger brothers normally put some money together and we get them something together... well I think of the idea and buy it, they just contribute the money! :P
    But this year I am really stuck for ideas, our overall budget is €60 ie. 20 from each of us but I can't for the life of me come up with ANYTHING!

Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

What about a voucher towards a meal or something?

Or would you consider getting them individual presents?
    What are they into? If you have €30 per parent you could get them something small and personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Thats what we got them last year actually!

I have thought about it, I just want to get them something that they will like and use rather than something that just sits there untouched... they like cooking, sailing, reading but I wouldnt have a clue what books to choose, I got my dad sailing stuff for his birthday recently and they have 101 cookery books!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

How about a book of sailing stories? I came across a few on Amazon.

This one
    seems to mix modern adventuring tales with historical and fictional stories and is well within budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I always have this prob with my parents, haven't a clue and they have tonnes of books backed up form xmasses and birthdays..

How about a cinema voucher and somewhere they can go for a nice coffee after? Theatre tickets always go down well in my house; it's a night out and they kinda have to go...meal voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Thanks for all the replies :)

Would it look bad if we got them a meal voucher if we got them that last year... only for a different restaurant obviously?
    That will probably be my fall back plan if I can't think of anything else!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 nownowtubs

Got my parents really nice diaries for this year, with leather covers, from four siblings. Wrote a little message in it from each of us. I think it's a pretty thoughtful gift, it'd mean something to me if I got it anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irishmanmick

Might be a bit late in the day but ...

Last year we got my Mam and Dad a digital photoframe (we pool our cash same as you guys!). Got a 4gb SD card and just put all our digital photos from the weddings, Grandkids births and all our other family occassions. Over a thousand photos on it, and still room for plenty more. We've even scanned a load of the old photos from when we were kids and put them on it now. They love it. Always on whenever any one comes over.

Quick look in Argos and you can get a decent Motorola 7" digital frame for €50. Should leave you enough for the SD card

Hope that helps!

Advertisement