Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know where you would start if you wanted to get a new course implemented

Options
  • 05-12-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

a research question for an essay, like who do you approach with a new course and how, in general?. Doesn't have to be an in depth answer. Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I don't really understand what you're asking. Are you doing an essay on the topic of getting a new course implemented, or wondering about the process?

If it's an essay you're writing - do the research yourself!

If you're just generally wondering - I'd imagine its something that happens at a high level in UCD, not something students would have a say in. It would be something that senior lecturers and heads of schools would develop I'd imagine.

I'm confused by your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iorimorri

I think I can help you with this, I run a college in Dublin City Centre and we are always looking for new courses to offer. Often, we approach people, working within a particular industry, and ask them to put a course together and then teach it. If you are looking for more info on this, let me know and I'll send you my contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Also you should be a bit clearer about whether you mean a module (ACC10010 etc) or an actual programme (BSc Science etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Fingers crossed for a degree in mythbusting!

Advertisement