Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan Weekender

Options
  • 05-12-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Looking for a bit of help. Hoping to organise a weekend for a couple of mates in Dungarvan and was looking to get an idea fo where'd be a good spot to stay in town as well as activities? Few of the lads are interested in golf, but not sure if that'll be possible in January!!
    Any help, advice is welcome. About 15 of us going down so either hotels or self catering would be appreciated.
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

golf can be played id say around jan no worries. the two hotels in the town are lawlors hotel and the park. id recommend the park hotel. it's far nicer than lawlors. for places to head out at night for blokes id recommend either downeys or the lady belle. downeys is my bro's local since he was 18. not a bad spot. if you can't do the golf thing maybe check out mahon falls. it's a good trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

mollybird wrote: »
    lady belle.

I 2nd the Lady Belle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

you have a choice of 3 golf courses in dungarvan, dungarvan golf club, gold coast golf and lesuire club and west waterford golf club and i think they have a deal on the green fees if you play all 3.
    all courses are just a few miles from the town centre, the gold coast golf club has a hotel adjacent to it and also has self catering chalets. this is about 3-4 miles from dungarvan town centre.
    as mentioned the park hotel is much nicer than lawlors hotel, and is located on the bypass but is still only a 5-6min walk to the town centre/the square, while lawlors is in the town centre.
    once in the square you are no more than a 2-3min walk from any of the good pubs, lady belle, the local, tommy powers, the gows, the anchor, the moorings to name but a few.
    there is two nightclubs davitts and creations both only a few mins walk from any of the pubs.
    also located only a few mins walk from the square you have many fine eateries, i can highly recomend the indian on the key, there is also 3 chinese restaurants i can recomend the one in the square or the one on the key i havn't eaten in the one in the shopping centre, i can also recomend the moorings for food, the tannery, crews seafood and steak restaurant. there is also loads more in the town.
    if you want more to do other than golf you can book a rally lesson there is also paintballing and of course there is the comeragh mountains for hiking as mentioned the mahon falls are beautifull this time of year when under flood, you could also hike up to many of the lakes in the mountains. just make sure that you are well equipped for the hiking as people reguarly get lost on the mountain this time of the year as the weather just comes in so fast there and it is very easy to loose your way. the mahon falls is the easiest to navigate though as they have a proper path constructed in to the base of the falls an is easy to follow.
    there is also ardmore about 13miles from dungarvan, very quiet this time of the year but the cliff walk (takes about an hour) is a lovely walk.
    coast road from dungarvan to tramore is also a lovely scenic journey.

jesus look at me off promoting the town:eek:, i should get a job with the local tourist board:D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Thanks for the suggestions people. I've a few feelers out witht he hotels to see who can give us a good rate but defo plenty there to keep us all busy.
    The only thing now is that we have all the decisions to make about what to do.... :)

Thanks again

Advertisement