Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG tv won't turn on until a certain length of time!

Options
  • 05-12-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an 37 inch LG LCD tv. When I turn it off, it takes a while before I can turn back on again. At first, it was 10 minutes before I could turn it back on, but now it can be 30 minutes sometimes!

Any idea what this could be? Is it something that needs to cool down?

Also, if anyone knows of a handyman who could fix TVs in north Dublin it would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭RayCon

Same thing happened to me back in June ....

My LG 37" LCD TV has just started to go belly up too. It's 2.5yrs old and has started to give major problems powering up, dimm picture and no sound - all within the last 2 weeks. I did a quick search on various forums like After Dawn, Fix Ya and there's hundreds of similar issues reported with LG TV's ... a common theme seems to be faulty / bad capacitors.
    Ive written to the shop explaining that while I realise the TV is out of "warranty" - the Sales Of Goods Act 1980 "does not stipulate a time limit for the return of faulty goods, it is the consumer's responsibility to act promptly, bearing in mind the cost and expected lifespan or "shelf life" of the product" - as such I don't believe 2.5yrs is an acceptable lifespan for a €600 TV. I have asked if they will accept the TV back and send it for repair.
    Im awaiting a reply ...
    the shop contacted me today to say the Service Technician has confirmed the power supply is blown and repair will be €150. I declined repair. Looks like I'll have to argue my case that 2.5yrs is not an acceptable lifespan for a €600 TV.
    Well after 3 weeks of to-ing and fro-ing, culminating in a Letter of Complaint to the Managing Director, the shop agreed to repair my TV free of charge.

Advertisement