Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculators

Options
  • 05-12-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

Okay, few questions on behalf of my class about calculators (such small things cause such confusion :()
    1. Is there any place on campus you can buy a calculator?
    2. Are the Casio and Sharp ones that were used for Leaving Cert alright to use in exams?
    3. Does anyone know if we need a calculator for first year Micro-economics, we weren't told? :confused:

Thank you for your time :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

sup_dude wrote: »
    Okay, few questions on behalf of my class about calculators (such small things cause such confusion :()
    1. Is there any place on campus you can buy a calculator? O'Mahanoeys bookshop has calculator
    2. Are the Casio and Sharp ones that were used for Leaving Cert alright to use in exams? yes those are acepitable ones to use
    3. Does anyone know if we need a calculator for first year Micro-economics, we weren't told? :confused:As i did'nt do that module i would'nt know, it will be called out before the exam though

hope thise answers are of some use to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

sup_dude wrote: »
    1. Is there any place on campus you can buy a calculator?
    2. Are the Casio and Sharp ones that were used for Leaving Cert alright to use in exams?
    3. Does anyone know if we need a calculator for first year Micro-economics, we weren't told? :confused:

1. The bookshop?
    2. Most probably
    3. You should know if the contents of the course you're taking will require you to have a calculator in the exam.

For EC4101 and it's slightly easier cousin EC4111, you don't need a calculator, but you should have one (the math in the exam isn't hard, but it's simply faster with a calculator)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

yeah they are grand. i had to buy one this morning at half 8 in spar. it was 11.50 and its the white sharp one. they are hanging on the wall with the pens and stuff.
    wel is there maths involved in your course. you'd surely know i you went to some of the lectures.

Advertisement