Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of it all

• 05-12-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭

Am i the only one who just wants to forget this Leaving Cert thing and not have to constantley worry about points, essays, notes, sample answers, mocks, aurals........ AAARRRGGGHHH even the thought of school makes me sick at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭checkcheek

its ok

im the same, its constantly in my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Oh yes. It's ridiculous. It's so bad I actually don't do anything with the exception of homework in subjects I like. I keep saying jokingly I'll have to repeat to get my course, but it's becoming less and less of a joke as the days go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm afraid you're right, you're the only one. Everyone else on this forum just loves stress, essays, studying etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

*Insert "We're all in this together" here*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm afraid you're right, you're the only one. Everyone else on this forum just loves stress, essays, studying etc!
    And it makes some of us real sarcastic!! :P :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Yeah I'm absolutely tired with the whole LC... and it is only December... By the way how are you X-mas Tests ? I had first day of Xmas Tests today and I am really disappointed... my business test went so bad. Do you think I should be worried about it or just forget and move on with my studing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

These christmas tests in our school are a joke. They are mandatory but we still have to do them in class time so we're given 40 mins a test. For 6 out of 7 subjects we were told EXACTLEY what was coming up so was'nt really a test. Id love to crawl in a hole and forget the world exists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

These christmas tests in our school are a joke. They are mandatory but we still have to do them in class time so we're given 40 mins a test. For 6 out of 7 subjects we were told EXACTLEY what was coming up so was'nt really a test. Id love to crawl in a hole and forget the world exists

So my school is different. We do them in a gym one test is 1,5 hour long and they are called "mini mocks". Everyone seems to be so stressed about them. I don't really think that a christmas test result will show you how you would perform in LC am I right ?

angela1711 wrote: »
    So my school is different. We do them in a gym one test is 1,5 hour long and they are called "mini mocks". Everyone seems to be so stressed about them. I don't really think that a christmas test result will show you how you would perform in LC am I right ?

I honestly think if we were just told what to study at night, went through the stuff we dont understand in class, and never mind pre mock mocks then those of us who might do something will do well and let the failures fail who dont want to work but it just seems to be the wrong way totally in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

I honestly think if we were just told what to study at night, went through the stuff we dont understand in class, and never mind pre mock mocks then those of us who might do something will do well and let the failures fail who dont want to work but it just seems to be the wrong way totally in my opinion

Good stuff, you'll do well in college. The problem is you need to get through the shiit first.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, you'll do well in college. The problem is you need to get through the shiit first.

Hope you're right. At the moment i cant see anything past this hellhole thats sucking the life out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Hope you're right. At the moment i cant see anything past this hellhole thats sucking the life out of me

Definitely know how you feel here, we'll be finished in about 6 or 7 months but that seems so far away!

Hi All,
    Do not get stressed by the leaving cert it is but an exam which does not define your world after it, if you so wish it not to.

Break the next couple of months down into more managable segments.
    6 months thats six different segments.

Each of those segments can be broken down in four more sub sections (4 weeks) and leaving the last of those subsections as revision.

Continue on until its broken down into days and hours if you so wish.

Write down your definitive plan for these segments (it can always be changed it its not working).

Above all don't worry if you feel you are not learning a particular item (Nobody knows everything)

Hi All,
    Do not get stressed by the leaving cert it is but an exam which does not define your world after it, if you so wish it not to.

Break the next couple of months down into more managable segments.
    6 months thats six different segments.

Each of those segments can be broken down in four more sub sections (4 weeks) and leaving the last of those subsections as revision.

Continue on until its broken down into days and hours if you so wish.

Write down your definitive plan for these segments (it can always be changed it its not working).

Above all don't worry if you feel you are not learning a particular item (Nobody knows everything)

While the leaving cert is only the key to the door, its being made into a key with twists and turns left right and centre. In all fairness your plan is not plausible, mocks, aurals, etc. really interfere with it

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

just wait till you get to college:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

While the leaving cert is only the key to the door, its being made into a key with twists and turns left right and centre. In all fairness your plan is not plausible, mocks, aurals, etc. really interfere with it

You might as well just give up now then if thats the attitude. I'm using the suggested plan (except I have it worked out per week until the mocks) and its working just fine. If you let the thing get on top of you it will. Organization and planning is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm not worried about points. There's so many courses available even the top ones still have reasonable points. I'm confident that I'll get my no. 1 course no matter what.

One thing that worries me hugely is not doing my best. If I look back on my results knowing that I could have done much better I'll be regretting it for a long time.

But I am utterly and absolutely sick of it all. It's all too high paced and competitive for me. I could certainly do with a long rest! Not going to do a thing this Christmas.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

To be honest as an absolute lazy b****x I know this year was gonna be tough. Not killing myself but studying for tests and doing my homework. Completely agree it's an absolute pain being under constant pressure and stress and having it in the back for yer mind 24/7. This last few weeks have been particularly tough for me but I have things during the week which I look forward to, help me blow off some steam! Always take one day off a week, and know what it's going to be (Lets say next Saturday for example) That way when yer swamped with work at least you know you'll have something to look forward to at the end.

But yeah, it's an absolute cnut of a year but just do enough so you don't have to repeat and you won't have to do a bit of it again :pac:

Its just a plan and you don't need to follow it to the letter. The point I was getting at is that the rest of the year should be broken down and taken in more managable sections.

The plan I suggested is adaptable and aurals and the like can be taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wibblin

i'm feeling seriously guilty as i literally haven't done any study not even for tests like, only ever do my homework! still cant get focused or motivated enough to actually sit down and study even though the weeks are flying by!:/ and jayus it's making me mental!:/

the leaving cert nightmares are even starting....i fail everytime in them!:L Dang it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Yeah I hate it I thinks it more to do with the pressure that you know you need to meet a certain thing. I'm repeating so it's annoying re doing everything again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I really thought this thread would be about the band :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Take it from someone who did the L.C last year and who's back doing it again; once the New Year hits the time will fly. Mocks, orals, project deadlines, practical exams and the associated class time it takes to prepare for these eats away at your time and mixes things up a bit. It's nothing at all like the first half of the school year. One more week and you'll be off for Christmas. Forget about school over the holidays and then go back in at the start of the next turn and you'll be done in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

wait till u start university bro....it is all worth it ! ..... <snip> ...etc.... you will love it !

A tad less crude if you please, young sir!

Advertisement