Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pubs open Christmas Day in Dundalk?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Are there any pubs open Christmas Day in Dundalk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nope.

You'll only get a drink in the country from an "establishment" if you have a hotel room or a valid ticket for transportation..... in saying that Buses, Trains and Planes don't move on Christmas day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

I thought as much. It looks like I will be having a drink at home then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

You could always have a few at the new Square.

If you're on your tod Christmas day then the folks in Simon in Barrack street are always looking for help. Perhaps don't drink there though as its prohibited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

MugMugs wrote: »
    If you're on your tod Christmas day then the folks in Simon in Barrack street are always looking for help. Perhaps don't drink there though as its prohibited.

Thanks for the suggestion. Simon do a great job, but I fancy having a drink Christmas Day. I am on my own as it happens. Both my parents were tragically killed by a drunk driver 6 years ago, so I usually spend Christmas alone. Most years I go away on holiday somewhere, but I can't afford it this year so I am staying at home.

• Advertisement

Well 042 9328764 if you want to call them. Paddy is the head gaffer there.

I used to do a lot of volunteer work with them last year. Had to give it up though due to personal reasons.

Some very nice people both living and working there and could be good company for you if you so desire along with a spot of food with some company.

I'd have you over but I am away for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Knock on the back door of cheers..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dunny! wrote: »
    Knock on the back door of cheers..;)

Or the side door of Gormleys ;)

Advertisement