Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you manage when you go out on your own?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

It may not be a serious question, but when I bring my baby out on a day out, I wont leave her in the buggy while I go to the toilet. And since I'm 32 weeks pregnant, I'm living in the toilet.

The past few times in town, I've used the special needs toilet, so I can wheel her in with me.

Other times I've taken her out of the buggy and sat her on my handbag on the floor in the toilet while I've gone. (she's not walking yet)

I was delighted to see in the new shopping center in Kilkenny, the massive baby changing room has a toilet.

What am I going to do, after Christmas with a double buggy??? Cant really take out 2 babies and nip into the toilet.

How do other people do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I always wait til the very end cubicle is free and just park his buggy right at the door with him facing in at me and the door ajar just enough so I can still see him..

The Jervis Center now has a Mother and Baby toilet but you have to go find the cleaner to get the key which is a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You're over thinking it, just use the disable toilets if you really have to, no one will begrudge you that with two babies. I never apologize to anybody, as long as it's not in use I'll use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Disabled toilets or the end one with the door a bit ajar and I talk to him constantly while I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Mad isnt it, it used to be you couldnt find a public toilet in town, now I cant find one I can fit in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

with 3 under 5 i have been using 'special needs' toilets for 5 yrs now! it is a special need to have the baby in with you.
    TBH tho i do avoid 'going to town' as much as possible since child no 2 arrived, just not worth the hassle. and shopping with 3 in tow, forget it! the very occasional very fast lidl/aldi stop is about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

FYI - Disabled/Handicapped/Special needs bathrooms are included in the total number of bathrooms designated in plans, as such they're unisex & available to everyone (unlike parking spots).

Obviously the people who they're specifically designed for would take precedence, but it amuses me greatly to sometimes see queues of people outside bathrooms while this one is free. I generally just waltz in, use it & leave to disapproving glances (I'm male BTW).

As previously mentioned above, it is a special need to use a bathroom with kids.

Advertisement