Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would hair this short suit me?

• 05-12-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I am getting my hair cut soon and want to chane it slightly. Was looking at google images for ideas when I came across this haircut. I absolutely love it but I'm afraid it's too short for my features and I'll just end up looking masculine.

This i my current haircut and is also the shortest my hair has ever been.

So just wondering would it be possible for me to pull off the haircut or should I go for something a little longer? Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Hmm you've a lovely pretty face but I'm afraid unless you dressed very girly you might look like a pre teen boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

to be honest i dont think that haircut suits even young ms geldof, lovely as she is...

how about this? http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKdGFpefOOkUnIViQ8C4NeE5YdAgx1xA1V_sHXlclt-JFjcI5luw

its short and girly :)

also, have you thought about going lighter, i think it would really suit your skintone (im saying this as someone with dark short hair)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Thanks for your help.

Piper101, I have but the colour in that picture is possibly as light as my hair will go without bleaching and I can't afford to have it bleached professionally and I certainly wouldn't trust myself to do it at home. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

are you in Dublin? or planning a trip? the loreal academy on hatch street do professional hair colour classes and always needing models, they're number is 01-6045916 and ive never heard of anyone having a bad experience...the first one is free as far as I know and then a nominal fee thereafter, worth a look in my book...you will need a strand test in advance though (ask them they might even do the cut there for you!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Piper101 wrote: »
    are you in Dublin? or planning a trip? the loreal academy on hatch street do professional hair colour classes and always needing models, they're number is 01-6045916 and ive never heard of anyone having a bad experience...the first one is free as far as I know and then a nominal fee thereafter, worth a look in my book...you will need a strand test in advance though (ask them they might even do the cut there for you!!!)

I'm not in Dublin and won't be up there anytime soon. I'll keep it in mind though, thanks. I've had haircuts done by students before and actually prefer them to normal hairdressers so definitely might look into it in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

I recently chopped my hair very short. I really like it but no one else seems to :rolleyes:
    Id say go for it. There is very little difference between the lengths of geldofs hair and the other pic. I've had a hankering for years to cut my hair this short and I'm going to keep it a while before I start to grow it out as I'll probably never cut it this short ever agin.
    I will say though that it takes much more product to keep it looking tidy than when it was long. And its always standing up in the morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Hmm you've a lovely pretty face but I'm afraid unless you dressed very girly you might look like a pre teen boy.

Agreed with Dolly OP, you have lovely features but unless you wear makeup all the time you might look boyish.:)

The Carey Mulligan cut is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

lilyhan wrote: »

Very much agree with the above! Even if you grew it to shoulder length or a short bob, it would be lovely

Advertisement