Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat rate change - End phone contract?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

I'm fairly sure I know the answer but will people be able to get out of their mobile contracts when the vat rate increases?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I know the answer but will people be able to get out of their mobile contracts when the vat rate increases?

Why would they?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

whiterebel wrote: »
    Why would they?:confused:
    Well whenever there is a price change you have 30 days to agree or not agree to the new terms and conditions but i assume because its a vat increase it won't matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

In a nutshell, yes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Well whenever there is a price change you have 30 days to agree or not agree to the new terms and conditions but i assume because its a vat increase it won't matter?

Its not their price that's increasing, its Government VAT which they are obliged to charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

whiterebel wrote: »

Its not their price that's increasing, its Government VAT which they are obliged to charge.
    Yeah I realise that, just thought there might be a chance we could get out on a technicality! Only another few months left in my contract any so it doesn't matter to me too much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement